Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. louietrucks

louietrucks
    from Atlanta ga

Hello,

I'm new here and look foward to being a part of the group. I am in Atlanta Ga. After not having a toy for a few years I recently bought a 65 suburban. Plans are to lower and update suspension/brakes, update interior to more modern standards, driveline I am thinking of keeping the old big v6 but adding efi and rebuilding changing to auto trans. paint it back blue and white and running a set of troque thrust wheels. A lot of work from where it is now but thats half the fun. I look forward to being able to pick your brains to help solve the build problems that always come up, and who knows maybe even offer an answer or two of my own to others questions

Darrell
    Atlanta Ga

2. Welcome,,there are a lotta Georga guys here,,,are you sure it has a V6 and not an inline 6 ? HRP

3. louietrucks

louietrucks
    from Atlanta ga

I'm sure old GMC v6 from the 60's. It has a 305 I am thinking about a 401 from a larger truck. I like it, it is different and always starts a conversation.

Darrell

4. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

welcome from west ga

5. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Welcome from the northeast side, you need to come to Brads swap meet at lanier speedway next sun. and you guys can swap burb stories.

6. Yep May 4th. Brad's got a Burb and I think he likes it .... well not sure. He does like SPAM!
    Welcome!

7. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Hello, that v6 got the 409'ish lookin' valve covers?

8. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Spam?! OUCH!

I do like my 'burb. It's a '62 Chevy, and the last bit of mechanical to be rebuilt is the front suspension and rear axle assembly...it's currently out of the truck on my shop floor. I'm now hunting a '63 30-spline axle to replace the one that died. After I rebuild the front end, everything that holds fluid, electrical or mechanical will have been rebuilt and/or replaced. Sometimes twice!
    it's got a lo-horse crate engine dressed to look like a 327, 4spd manual overdrive trans and 3.42 gears. I'm either going to upgrade all the brakes to self-adjust, or replace the front drums with discs and self-adjusters in the rear. It already has a power brake kit.
    After that, it's the slow trek of bodywork. Mine will be flat black with an single-stage pewter top from the belt-line up. I just scored a set of 5-slot Ansens with the 6-lug pattern.
    Welcome to Georgia, and bring it on up to the swap meet!

say...come to think of it...last year, the only other Suburban I've seen anywhere around Atlanta was a blue '65, that sold at my swap meet at my two-day show. that wasn't yours, was it? I don't remember if it was a GMC or Chevy.

-Brad

9. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Welcome hope to see you round.

10. J3W3L$

J3W3L$

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. have a W( o )( o)T here!

11. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from LA! (Lower Austell!)

12. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

13. angie1313

angie1313

welcome to the HAMB! What part of Georgia? I have some extended family down there I was thinking of visiting.