Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Detroit Hot Rod and Kustom show coming 2013 Detroit Midnight Mass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Well we figured we would let you all know. Years ago the Detroit Poor Boys brought the first Traditional Rod and Kustom show to Detroit via California..... With the blessing of our Sacto Club Brothers we want to announce Detroit Midnight Mass. The show has been a mainstay and a dont miss event out there so we figured we would give it a shot here in Motown. It will be fun to have a show that bucks the 9-5 trend and offers up something different. Look to more information as we tighten up the venue, bands, etc as the year goes on. July 2013 will be here sooner than we think. We hope you will all support the show and come out next year!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Looking forward to it.

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Very cool. That's a badass show poster. Looking forward to more info.

4. Thanks, the Poster was done by Detroit's own Kevan Carter. Look him up on his Car-N-Art site. He also did the last 2 Sins of Steel Posters and 2 renditions of Vintage Torque among others. Make sure some of you Chi-Town foks make the trip over to Detroit next year

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Sweet! Can't wait.

6. Another "Detroit Dash" in July '13 for Midnight Mass, I already can't wait! :D:D

7. When do yopu figure to have a firmer date and local? Sounds like a good time and am already spreading the word.....

moose

8. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Hmmmmmmm Sounds like a good ol'time to me!

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Instead of dashing you could hang out awhile....I think Detroit would grow on ya sweetie.;)

10. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Me likey the idea.......fill us in when ya get more info!

11. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I wuz hoping it was going to be this July. Like on Fri the 13th...

12. OK so we are 90% sure on a location. It will be just north of 696 in Oakland County, in a Downtown type setting. The facilty has room for roughly 200 show cars and public lots for spectators within walking distance. The facilty has food, drinks....including adult type, and recreation i.e. something to do while listening to some good bands if ya want to come inside and partake in such activities. I have some questions of anyone that would plan to attend:

1 - Pre-Reg... any issues? with 200 spots it would have to be first come first serve. Sins of Steel has gotten bigger every year and we still have room to grow there. This would be different due to size, space, and location. The last thing we would want is to see someone drive up from Ohio or the West side of the state and not be able to get in.

2 - Hotels.... Midnight Mass is and eveninig show ( 4pm - 12pm ) would people look to overnight it in a hotel or travel home? We will contact nearby Hotels for special pricing if there looks to be a need for it. The facilitly is open until 2 am so there is no need to leave at 12 and if your having fun and don't want a long ride home..... just sayin.

We want to make this show as enjoyable as we can for everyone that comes out. If you all have any feedback or suggestions throw em out there or PM me. Thanks for all your Support over the Years and we hope we can count on ya's to show up 7-13-13!!!!

13. koolkat269

koolkat269

oh yeah, i plan on being there

14. Thank You!

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

16. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

This sounds awesome!

I haven't been to a summer show down there in years...

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Kinda hard to give feedback or suggestions when a date or location haven't been announced. "downtown", "north of 696", "adult beverages", I'm thinking something in Royal Oak??

The date will have alot to do with whether I can make but I'm hoping to be able to host my southern Poor Boy pals again.

18. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Looks like it would fun not a whole lot going on in July around here

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Too close for me not to show up!!

20. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I'd say I'm in too. Sounds like a good time in the D.

21. 7-13-13 is the proposed date for the show. Denise, no to Royal Oak, but your not far off. Lets just say if you are looking to get a tattoo from one of the best artists around and car guy to boot his shops not far away... If you need a haircut from a barber that drives his shoebox to work everyday and will get ya all cleaned up and respectable like....its a walk down the street.

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

23. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

24. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

25. Yes you are correct. Just trying to work out the final details. As soon as its a go I will make note on this post. We hope to have full details by December

26. Donzie

Donzie

I've put the date in my calender!

27. Thank You Sir!!

28. Sounds like a good time.

29. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

30. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Already on the calendar. Berkley is good choice for a show.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad