Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Classified Forums

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by duffman, Oct 1, 2007.

1. duffman

duffman

All right flame away, but I'm a little disappointed at the ability of people to post their classifieds in the proper subsections. I was excited for the new system, thought it would be nice to scan through the cars for sale, parts for sale, misc for sale sections quickly and efficiently, but apparently people just don't get it. I'm not talking about new guys, I'm talking about people who have been selling items for a long time here. Seems like alot more work for the moderators to constantly have to move posts.:mad:
    Okay grill me if you must, I don't care, I'm wearing asbestos undies.
    duffman

2. They MIGHT clue in if their stuff got deleted.

Eventually.

3. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

I Feel The Same Way Was Looking Forward To Parts And Cars Getting Seperated, Maybe There Putting Them In Both Sections, Hope They Catch On

4. wvenfield

wvenfield

I agree. If you aren't capable enough to read instructions and place items in a proper catagory you likely shouldn't be selling. Delete them.

5. silent rick

silent rick

not entirely our fault. if we had an ad running prior to the change, it stayed in the cars for sale section. i had to pay rocky to move my parts for sale ad to the correct location. it wasn't much, but i bet it bought him lunch.

6. thinkin' the exact same thing...

7. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Stupid me!

I've been moving them for free!

It's true though, Ryan spent a considerable amount of time sifting through the old ads and splitting them rather than dumping everything and starting over. But there's only so much a guy can do. If the ad was there before and is bumped it's still in the wrong column. These I've been moving to the correct column. If the ad is new and in the wrong column, I move it if I have time or I delete it if I don't.

Here's the quick and easy break down of what goes where...

Cars for sale, 64 and older CARS. For our purposes a car is a body and a frame in pretty much any condition.

Parts for sale, 64 and older specific parts only. A part is anything that can be mounted on the car.

Misc. This one's for trad rod and custom related articles especially our fine feathered artists. This is also the place for those paper products such as historical docs, manuals, related periodicals. This is not the place for cycles, motored or otherwise. We dig em but need to stay on topic. If you have an item that is clearly not a car or part and you wonder if it will be allowed, just ask. No kitchen appliances or funiture.
    Wanted - this is the column to look for the items that are allowed in the for sale categories.

The big problem we are going to run into is combo ads werein someone posts an ad that has cars, parts and misc in the same ad. These ads will eventually water down what we are trying to accomplish. I've tried to copy and seperate these ads for the guys who've posted them but it is extremely time consuming and a general PITA. These ads WILL be deleted.

8. Post it in the rules,delete what doesn't belong.

9. LilDuec

LilDuec

Either way, great idea by splitting up the classified sections. It makes it alot easier. Good job guys!

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Pretty simple solution...
    Pm the guy and tell him about the mistake.
    He can then delete it and create a new post in the correct listing.
    Just like America...
    there was a time when it was up to our neighbors to take care of one another....
    Now its about the goverment's responsiblity to make everyone happy.

11. stan292

stan292

I like it a lot. Thanks to all you guys who worked (are working) to make it better.

Now I just wish something would get posted that I could actually afford! - LOL