Register now to get rid of these ads!

New car from Joe Kerr's shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rooman, Jan 22, 2011.

1. rooman

rooman

Joe Kerr's shop (Joker) is right across the parking lot from mine so I stay in touch with what he is building. With his nailhead powered Model A coupe pretty much finished (see the current issue of Rod and Custom) he and his buddie Willie have been putting a 32 roadster together for Willie. The frame came back from the painter this week and they are assembling it for a debut at the Indy World of Wheels. I shot these pix today and will follow up with more as the car goes together. As with his own car Joe has been building a lot of this ride rather than buying off the shelf parts.

Roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice, Joe sure builds some good looking stuff.

3. He sure does some great work...
    Thanks Roo...

4. brady1929

brady1929

5. rooman

rooman

More pix showing last night's work (till 4am)

Roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 94hoghead

94hoghead

times 2!

7. rooman

rooman

Update from last night. When I left at about 8:30 last night Joe was in the process of safety wiring a bunch of stuff on Willie's car. Joe is a former sprint car shoe and wrench and if you have seen his Model A coupe you know that it looks very race car like with all the safety critical bolts wired. I need to use the tripod next time as I have been shooting with available light and some of the close up shots were too fuzzy to post.

Roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. paintcan54

paintcan54

I had Joe make two center caps for my Hallcraft wheels on my T- Bucket last fall, they fit better then the originals. Build looks killer Joe, thanks for the pics Rooman I need to get out that way and say hey.

9. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

Looks good, saw it in his Shop last fall. Also congrats to Joe
    on the Street Rodder feature. Bob

10. rooman

rooman

Update on Willie's roadster. The body came back from the painter on Sunday night and the boys are in full thrash mode to get the car to the Indy World of Wheels this coming weekend.

Roo

The mock-up valve covers are gone and more traditional ones installed. Headers and the entire exhaust system is wrapped and everything is safety wired.
    [​IMG]

The seat belts are retro looking but were actually made by Joe with a tab added to the latch and also a Bell logo
    [​IMG]

The seat is a cut down mini van unit
    [​IMG]

The fuel tank and battery are tucked up in the front of the trunk so that Willie has somewhere to put the cooler with the beer
    [​IMG]

Steering and pedals are all Joker components
    [​IMG]

Rowdy the shop dog is keeping an eye on things
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

12. basicbob

basicbob

Stopped by for the open house Sat night. Super great time, lots of great people at this shop. Joe Kerr's talent really shows on 32 roadster build, lots of detail everywhere!!!

Joe, thanks for spending time with us.

Thanks RooMan for letting us look over your dragster shop, you also have super level of talent, Bob

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great work, as always, from Jo. I see this thread is from earlier this year. I'm sure they've been posted elsewhere, but does anyone have photos of this car, finished?

Thanks!
    Malcolm

14. rooman

rooman

Here you go Mal. The first photo and Goodguys shot from last Friday (4th pic)shows the new wheel covers that Joe put on the car last week.

Roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. I saw this car at the Relix Riot @ Gilmore - An awesome piece of work for sure!
    Spent a lot of time checking it out. Nice workmanship.

I also met Joe while waiting out the rain at the same event. He was a great guy and is talented as hell!

16. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I've seen this ride a couple times now and love it! It is well detailed and looks killer. Joe is a nice guy. Had the pleasure of talking with him for a while at Relix Riot this year. He builds nice quality hotrods. You can definitely tell he was into sprint cars. Check it out up close if you get a chance to see it in person. I got some good shots of it, I'll have to dig them up.

17. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! REALLY nice roadster!

Are those Kevin's "Spun" discs, or something else? Originals?

What's the steering box? Interesting looking...

18. JoKerr

JoKerr

Thanks to everybody came out first Hot Rod Gathering it was a blast . Thanks Josh Shaw , Donnie Moore,Jr Dreyer for bringing race cars people still talking about it today.Disc on roadster are moon discs modified . Steering box is f-100 ford truck box done in house.Thanks for all nice comments starting on new project for Detroit Autorama 2012.

19. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Cool hot rod!

20. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Spot on. Great looking car.

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

22. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

23. Bone Head

Bone Head
    from Kansas

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the photos, Rooman. VERY cool Roadster!

25. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

That's beautiful! I like the color. Looks kinda like the audi tt grey but lighter. That seatbelt detail is awesome by the way. I might have to borrow that idea for my car...

26. What a very cool and beautifully built roadster. It just looks right. Too bad I had to bail on the Relix Riot show last minute, it would've been great to see it in person.

27. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

this is one clean looking '32. love the color as well.

28. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Car turned out great!

Thanks for having us up to your deal Sat..

I had to smile at the Little 24" tall drill press in the back corner with the SIMPSON racing products sticker on it. Joe and I cut our "drilling teeth" on that since we were Ten years old on Karts, Models, Bikes, Fingers, frogs... ya know, the usual.

I remeber we drilled holes in our House keys so they'd be "lighter and faster" with that lil press. :D

Joshua Shaw

29. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Joe, Willie thanks for a great time Saturday nite. That was the best time of the weekend. Can't wait for next year, unless you plan something before then.