Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Buick In the Compound

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BUICKNAILHEAD, Jul 8, 2004.

1. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Greetings and salutations all. It has been a while since I have been on here .....again. Thought I would keep the people updated. Been werkin on sellin off a couple rides and parting out others. But they still keep finding their way into my yard.

The latest addition to the compound is a 1956 Buick Special. Very solid ride. Been going through the parts completely labeled already. and rubbermaided em all. Next up is the removal of the mill from my parts car for this beast. A stock Nailhead (364 with Hydromatic tranny) Sorry Shiny can't find a 4 speed cheap enough!!!!

Plans include standard lowering and single stage gloss Black with Black roof. Killer pinstriping from MYK ROCK and some really loud ass open header exhaust. I put some side dumps on my 64' And holy F@#! is it nice!!!

I think i will stick with the Bias plys that are currently on the car and just custom fab some rings and dog dishes, maybe some home made caps. I do infact have a question about the windshield. It is in need on one. It's a four door post. Does anyone know where I would find out which windshields fit/interchange with this particular make/model of Buick. Do chevs, Olds, Ponchos mix well?

Attached Files:

2. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Attached Files:

3. I'm thinkin you should add a porthole to each side and run headers out them!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    cool addition to the yard!

4. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

All the Gm,s will interchange. What's with the 59 in the back? Didn't this car used to be in Vancouver? I remember someone trying to sell it to me at the Ball last year but it had no motor. trans. or windshield.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

you can never have to many Buicks...

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[ QUOTE ]
    you can never have to many Buicks...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're ab-so-lutely right on !!!

Nice ride, congratulations.

-Bob

7. theodore

theodore

That's sweet gary, can't wait to put the helmut on and go for a ride!

8. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Stock motor should be a 322 with a Dynaflow. Just for reference. First 364 came out in 57.

Welcome from another Buick nut. I own a 55 Special 2dr HT, a 59 4dr sedan, and my daily is a 60 4dr flattop.

9. ABone312

ABone312

The windshields from Buick and Olds sedans interchange. The Chevy and Pontiacs interchange with each other, but not with Buick and Olds, look at the angle of the windshield posts. I think when I had my '56, there was somewhere in Hemmings that had new glass for them. I'm not 100% sure, I haven't owned the car in over a year. Hope that helps.

10. Mojo

Mojo

Cut it up!

rough idea:

[​IMG]

11. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Thanks guys. I will be rolling the 64 Wildcat to the Bop downtown. Should be a good night out. I will be sure to roll in quietly!! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. IOWA

IOWA

Wipe that silly ass Buick grin off and throw some vette teeth in or...go toothless. Cool ride,brutha.
    IA

13. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

I was planning on putting in a 59 Buick grillmixed with something else. Dunno what yet. If you build it...it will come..... [​IMG]

14. IOWA

IOWA

That's the narrow "waterfall" looking grill? or am I thinking of the square diamond grill?

15. jimbob

jimbob

Your right ABone312, I went lookin fo a screen for my 55 2 door special and had a look at a mates 55 chev. Difference in the windshield posts.

Neat rides mr Nailhead! Love them booicks!

16. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

[ QUOTE ]
    That's the narrow "waterfall" looking grill? or am I thinking of the square diamond grill?

[/ QUOTE ]

the square style is what I am using.

17. Crestliner

Crestliner

Olds won't fit according to my Hollander. Caddy will.