Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Buick Guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ecna, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ecna

ecna

Hi all,

I've been a Buick guy my whole life...starting with a '70 Skylark convertible at age 14. I've had way too many to count most of them from the muscle era. I grew up reading my dad's Hot Rod and Rod & Custom mags from the '50's. He's a car guy to this day. I've always wanted a '55 / '56 Buick and I just sold a '72 Skylark 'vert and bought a '55 Special. I want to convert it to an open driveline and I'm hoping to use a newer nailhead... 401/425 in it. I've been lurking here for a month or so as I learned of the group from a friend with a '57 Nomad project. You guys are a wealth of knowledge and I'm sure I can learn a lot from you.

Thanks!

Eric

2. Welcome from Southern California. I used to have a '55 Buick Special Convertible. I wish I'd never sold it.

3. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Welcome from Milwaukee Wisconsin.

4. A warm (26 degrees C) welcome from New Zealand from one Buick lover to another. Look forward to seeing pics of your '55.

5. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

6. grapp

grapp

If your car is your avitar thats sweet!

7. ecna

ecna

Thanks grapp. It's somewhat lipstick on a pig... I think the car has had a hard life. I'm working on some reassembly now. I think I'm going to bring the car to someone to have the rear supension changed... I'm a little unsure of myself back there. Once it's back, I'm hoping for a 401 backed by a 700R4, though I might be going with a 350 to save some money. It will be a Buick engine no matter what I do.

8. doc84

doc84
    from oregon

welcome and i think that might be a century or roadmaster model. it has 4 port holes instead of the three

9. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Welcome from Kentucky.

10. 322century

322century
    from Europe

Welcome from Europe !!!

Attached Files:

11. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard from Maryland. I like to BOP too. Buick, Olds, Pontiac that is............