Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Book about Sleepers Coming Out August 15th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HenryJGuy, Jun 27, 2011.

1. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

Last year, I took on the task of writing a book, working with CarTech publishing out of Minnesota. They gave me 9 months to get it done, and I finished it in January. I do lots of work for automotive magazines, so I'm accustomed to the last minute stuff, but 9 months to write a book is tough.

Anyway, the book is all about sleepers...it features over 20 car profiles and lots of tips on keeping your car under the radar. It's not a super technical book, so hardcore car guys aren't going to learn anything new, but it should be pretty fun to look at. There isn't a ton of HAMB-friendly material in it, but figured some of you guys might be interested in seeing some of this stuff.

I had a lot of help from other photographers across the country, since my regular job prevents me from traveling as often as I needed. Anyway, the book officially hits the shelves on August 15th, and it will be available at book stores, such as Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble, etc. but it's a much better deal if you pre-order it on Amazon. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Sleepe...9581/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309184088&sr=8-1

2. Very cool, my friend Joe Potak wrote some LS books for them. Looks like I need to order this one!

3. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

looks like a good read

4. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

Thanks guys! I hope everybody likes it...I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of it.

5. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

Today's the day my book officially goes on sale! Hopefully they'll be in stores immediately...I guess I'll soon find out!

6. I'll watch for it, always liked a good sleeper and put together a few myself.

Bob