Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Bed... pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kulturepimp, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Well now that I have had my truck on the road, for under $3000 and 196 hours start to finish, I have decided to get rid of all my cobbled messes. Starting with the bed.. here are some new pics...

http://www.thelone-rangers.com/Members/thom.htm

Thom

2. Hey man,dig the truck!!! I'm building a '36 and want to chop the crap out of it!! I want to do it myself,but need some pointers. If you don't mind(?) Did you need a donor cab? I also have a '37/38 cab that pretty rough i can use the top out of, but i kinda hate to cut it up, it could be my next project. I know there are various ways of doing it, but i'm wanting to get everything laid out, and communicate with someone who has done it before. Any advice, info, prayers, anything would help!!!
    Thanks, hurtdog [email protected]

3. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Kewl! I dig it! I'm always amazed at the craftmanship of the folks on this board...

[​IMG]

4. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Sweeeeet. You've obviously worked with sheetmetal before!

5. laverda

laverda

Now thats new ... transverse QE setup off the hairpin that would probably act as a Panhard as well. Is that the plan?

later,
    papa al

6. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Thanks... I am pretty new to sheet metal work.. and the front end works according to plan.. I can drive at 80 with no hands.. and I have not mounted shocks yet. I just have not gotten past the cooling problem, but hopefully, this new idea will work... stay tuned.. thanks.. all

7. Kool Kulturepimp !

I was blown away by your pics a while back..my First rod..im planning atm is based on yours....!
    [​IMG]
    Im using a 38 cab..with 40 bonnet and cutom grille...you narrowed the rear of the hood to match the cab?

How many inches did you chop the cab?

Love it...Mines gonna have to be less chopped and not as low due to local rego hassles..hehe

Maiki

8. [ QUOTE ]
    ... I am pretty new to sheet metal work..

[/ QUOTE ] Why not join us on the Metalshapers board

9. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Sweet work man...more pics please [​IMG]

10. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

thanks.. I joined the board.. looks like some interesting things going on there.

Thanks again

11. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

sorry.. I narrowed the 46 car hood 7 inches.. and chopped that cab 8, But I cut it at the cowl, and leaned the base of the windshield back, as you can see if you look at interior pics. That way I have a lot more windscreen, as I have alot of back window..