Register now to get rid of these ads!

New 33/34 Frames,who sells a good one??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Fordtk, Jul 27, 2005.

1. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

My search for a stock frame has turned up few leads. I have seen a couple new ones on Ebay from shops in Ohio and Alabama but I dont know anything about them,do you. Who makes a solid frame with crossmembers for solid axles,good X member ect. Let me know..................

2. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Guess nobody does make a good one....................................................

3. Slide

Slide

I am assuming (by your user name) that this is for a truck. Are truck frames different than passenger cars? (I don't know my 33/34s well at all.)

4. if i was looking to buy a 33-34 ford frame , it would be frome Pete & jakes

http://www.peteandjakes.com/parts/33ford.htm

my second choice would be Cornhusker Rod & Custom

http://www.cornhuskerrodandcustom.net/32-34-29_chassis.htm

my next choice would be SAC (specialized auto components)

http://www.sachotrod.com/orderform33-34.htm

actually , all of these guuys build a great chassis , it would be hard to choose one over the others....the chassis i WOULDN'T use is TCI , i don't care for their workmanship..and the rectangular tube center crossmembers

the shop in ohio you mentioned , if that is Bill's rod & custom in springfield oh...they also make a very good chassis

http://www.billsrodandcustomshop.com/fordchassis.html

5. Rusty

Rusty

Street rod Garage out of Alabama. Awesome frames. And fast

6. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Slide ; no my truck is gone I have a 34 Tudor now but someone correct me if i am wrong the standard truck and the car frames are the same?.

36-3w thanks for the links I will check them all and yes it is Bills that i was looking at.I will give them a better look also....Thanks

Dirty31 That also was the other Ebay sellers I looked at and I will give them a second also....Thanks

Thanks ..

7. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

I do not know were you can buy a frame but I can tell you not to buy from Bills Rod And Custom. I talked with Bill and ordered a frame with the promise of two week delivery . To good to be true. I Sent deposit to Bill and he cashed the check. I have called Bill and Emailed every day for a week and he will not reply. He dose excellent work but I am begening to think I HAVE BEEN SCREWED. Three weeks later I have not herd from Bill.

Pull your pants up and go home!:mad:

8. ironworks

ironworks

Kiwi Konnection, 661 8715494. Squeek will set you up, his stuff is kick ass. So are his prices. Rodger

9. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Thanks for the heads up on Bills!! And Kiwi Konnection but i bought a original stocker,its at Ben D's house.......just got to get it here!!!! Thanks again guys!

10. Killer

Killer

when did Sqeek start doing 33/34 frames???

11. 30 Model A

30 Model A
    from Canada

Here is a place that builds great frames with the look as they are about as good as you can get.

http://www.pincherchassis.com/
    Cheers
    Chico

12. Just for the record, 32/3/4 truck frames and 32 car frames are all the same.........

13. I agree , I tried to deal with this guy on some KH wheels & 34 parts and he jacked me around a lot, he couldn't even keep the stories he was telling me straight. Come to find out 2 more people on Fordbarn replied they had had bad dealings with him, another guy said this "Bill" claimed he could widen wheels and ended up losing his wheels and the prepayment.

14. ironworks

ironworks

I have been to his shop and bought 34 rails and taken measurements off of his jig to build my chassis. So I would have to say for over a year.
    I think They are a little bit more but He does do them.

Rodger

15. GreggAz

GreggAz

16. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

my friend has a shop er buisnes now and makes 33-34 rail . its called SPEED METAL 740-365-9549. has has works as a welder as mlong as i have known him. jimmy stewart is his name . he has worked for progresive automotive and most recently a chassis fab welder for bobby rahal irl team. give hime a cll he is located in central ohio so , not too far from you....

17. pete and jakes is the best that is who builds all of our frames. i have bought so many i can give you my discount if you still need one pm me or call me with the specs and i will see what i can get you one for and how quick. you can either pick it up or they can ship it directly to you.
    Brant
    [email protected]
    254-542-3399

18. btw 33/34 truck and car frames are the same 32 is totaly different.

19. i am posting again to correct myself about the 33-34 truck frame. the truck frame is the same deminsions as the car only the front fenders and running boards mount different. the truck fenders mount on top of the frame and the cars mount on the side. the running boards mount on the side of the frame with brakets on a truck and set on top on a car. so i have been corrected and thought i would pass the info on. but of coarse if you are running a high boy none of the above matters.

20. Gash

Gash
    from IL

http://www.streetrodding.com/sr/index.cfm?fuseaction=forum.discussion_detail&forumid=11&topicid=13047

=======

DaveRafferty April 14, 2005 - 8:22 PM anybody out there familar with bill's rod & custom of springfield ohio. looks like i've been ripped off by him to the tune of 3'000 dollars. sent him that in june of 04 as deposit to build a 1933 ford chassis which he said would take 4-6 weeks to build. have got nothing but excuses since then ,doesn't answer phone or return messeges. anybody have info or can help please. e- mail [email protected]

[​IMG] [​IMG]hotrod40 April 15, 2005 - 4:30 AM I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person to get screwed by this guy. He ripped me off for over $25,000 in the build of a 1940 Ford pickup. If he reads this he'll know exactly who I am referring to. The first car he did for me was a 1940 Ford Tudor. Not a bad job. Coulda been better. Turns out he had people working for him then that did all the work. He sure as the devil didn't. When they quit, it all went to hell in a hand basket. If I were you, I'd take it to the next level if you can. At the time all I wanted to do was get my truck back. Surely someone can put Bill's Rod & Custom out of business so he doesn't ruin anyone else's hotrod experience..........Good luck.

[​IMG] [​IMG]graffertystnyrrco June 2, 2005 - 8:22 PM Bill's Rod & Custom Update:

Still looking for other people who have been ripped off by Will Metz of Bill's Rod & Custom of Springfield Ohio. Seems the local D.A. is busy with murders and rapes but the federal prosecutor is interested if I can find a few more victims. This guy needs to be stopped, he is still out there advertising in national publications and is a regular e-bayer. People like this are a cancer to the hot rodding hobby and needs to be stopped. So ask around, sometimes people are ashamed to admit they've been taken, but this behavior cannot go unpunished, his next victim may be YOU. If you have any info please contact me at 607-723-2288 or e-mail at [email protected] Thanks