Register now to get rid of these ads!

new 303/lasalle engine and transmission completely stuck!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skunk victim, Sep 2, 2009.

1. well i searched and came up empty. im going to tear it appart tomorrow but it would be nice to hear of the same issue from anyone.

tonight we were out in the garage about to adjust the valves on my 303 and the crankshaft is plain old not turning at all. a couple weeks ago it turned but couldnt crank it because the bar would hit the rail. so we said screw it, made a tool to adapt a socket to the crank and its definatly stuck.

so taking a few steps back...the motor alone turns perfect, its rebuilt just need to adjust the rocker arms. the transmission works perfect alone. i dont know if something got stuck or what but the crank will not budge either direction. not to sound dumb but is there a part i totally missed for my cadillac 3 speed in there and its stuck now? could it be something with the pressure plate or disk. the driveshaft isnt hooked up. transmission spins in neutral.

im just curious to see if anyone else has run into this issue so i know if i should prepare for heartbreak tomorrow or not haha

thanks in advance
    keith

2. i'd disconnect the tranny/clutch/flywheel and see if that makes a difference..something may be binding up

i though the 283 in my `36 was "stuck" until i realized the flywheel cover was binding against the torque convertor

3. i sure hope to find something stupid in there tomorrow morning. but thats where im starting, piece by piece until its spinning. thanks for the reply