Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Never gonna be an IT guy.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordors, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Fordors

Fordors

I had a hard time with the software here,. not too swift with computers I guess. Anyway
    I've lurked here for a while and see questions I can answer so I figured it was time to get with the program. Helped a pal put a 265 SBC in his '40 Fordor back in 1965 and that set the hook! I have a channeled '32 5W and a Fordor sedan. The sedan is currently undergoing a rework, it looks too '90's and is getting a repaint and many other details changed. scan0013.jpg scan0018.jpg scan0014.jpg

tb33anda3rd and Tim like this.
  2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

A little gloss black paint will fix that sedan right up.
    Welcome!

4. nice car.....most here are challenged in some way or another.....we're here to help computer or whatever.... as my girl says...

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lets see more of that coupe it looks real interesting. I'd agree with Bama Mav some fresh shiny black paint and a wheel change would make that sweet little sedan a lot more Hamb Friendly and a lot less "dated". But then maybe just a color change on the scallop to something less 70's would work if you don't want to do a whole repaint. .

6. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

7. Fordors

Fordors

Sedan will get black fenders, a dark maroon on body, new 'boards with rubber, blacked out door handles and tail lights changed to stainless, probably Torque Thrusts and lots more detail changes.

8. Welcome to the HAMB. :D

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Glad ya took the big step, welcome.
    Tony

10. aaggie

aaggie

Just me but I always paint the frame either body color or black. Any other combo seems unfinished. I do admire your work 'cause I know what it takes to get it that nice.

11. I really like the direction your planning with the mordor,the car looks a little street roddy now but I can visualize what you have in mind.

Welcome to the Hamb.HRP

12. I would say a whole lot street roddy.
    But I agree that what you plan to do sounds just about perfect!