Register now to get rid of these ads!

Neighbor cleaning up, old BIG GMC truck in the yard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HR Classic Cars, Sep 11, 2009.

1. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

One of my neighbors, about 1/2 mile away, is cleaning up their yard, have been at it for a while now. Slowly towing all the old tractors and farm implements away, not sure where they are going but there wasn't much stuff of use there for hotrodding (I checked).

One of the few things left is an old grain hauler, large (2 ton or so) late '50s GMC dump truck.. could (should?) this have the 302 inline 6 in it? if so, is it worth getting? is there someone here who is interested?

I'm sure it's for sale, may just take you buying the whole truck and hauling it of and I'm not sure I am interested to explain to the wife what a 2 ton dump truck without engine is doing in the driveway.

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

All you have to do is scrape the grease off the machined pad next to distributor and the first 3 digits will be the cubic inches. Should be 270 or 302. Either one would be worth your trouble I assure you.

3. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

Thanks, I may have to go check it out and see what engine it has.

How do you mean would be worth my trouble? I've got more engines then I know what to do with now.

Also, my driveway has a small bridge, I don't think I can get this thing to my house.

4. Truckedup

Truckedup

Might be a 270,might be a 302,might be a Pontiac V-8.Some bigger GMC's used a 371 Ods engine. Anyways,last year of the 302 was 59.