Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Neep help identifying this vehicle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51chevcoupe, Jul 17, 2009.

1. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

I need help figuring out what this rig is. I just got it as a trade for my labor time fixing an Ironhead Sporty for a friend. The story goes like this: The chassis has been blasted, painted with POR-15, and reassembled. The body is supposed to be the front half of a 1916 Hudson body and the bed's origin is unknown. Same with the running boards. Radiator shell is said to be a Ford of unknown vintage. So my question is- can anyone here verify what the parts are? And if they aren't what they are claimed to be, then what are they? All help will be greatly appreciated.
    51 chevcoupe
    AKA
    Ed

Attached Files:

2. The radiator shell is Hudson

3. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

hudson I think.. at least the grille shell is

I think 1922.. definitely before '27

4. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Look like Jethro's pick~up

Ralph Foster Museum -

5. utahdodge

utahdodge

This is the front of a 1916 Hudson touring car cut down into a truck. The grill shell is a dodge brothers, but the rest is Hudson. If you go with a different grill shell and want to sell that one, pm me.

Attached Files:

6. Yup...post '26 Hudson's had stepped detail on the fenders. It's either a late teens or early 20's. The photo is of a 1919. Your windshield looks more like the 1916 pictured above.

Attached Files:

7. The radiator shell is clearly Hudson. Hudson used a triangular badge. Looks to be about 1916. Take a look at this one,
    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&um=1

8. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

The knowledge that is available here is unbelievable! Thanks for the help, Guys! I'm looking forward to getting this rig on the road. I'll post a build thread when I get a chance to start the project. Right now I'm waiting for my '51 Chevy to come home from paint and working on the Sporty that I'm fixing in exchange for the Hudson. Thanks again for all the info.