Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Wiring for a 250 chevy motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roll of the dices, Oct 30, 2011.

1. My computer crashed and lost all my files. Along those I had a diagram on how to wire my 250 motor..now I can't find it, try "search" and all...Can some oen post one for me.

I have a two post starter "R" and "S" only, a one wire alternator...I will appreciate any the help.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. the lights

the lights

here's what I found hope it helps.

[​IMG]

3. the lights

the lights

this may also help, good luck.

[​IMG]

4. For the electrical gurus out there...If I just want to start my engine (not fully wire just to make sure it is running) I can run a wire from the positie side of the batery to the "R" side of the starter and the poitive side of the coil. Run the negative side of the coil to the distributor and the negative side of the battrey to the engine block....and simply jump with a screwdriver the "R" side of the starter to the "S" side...right?

5. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Just run a wire from the + side of bat to + side of coil. Jump from battery terminal on starter to S terminal to crank.

6. I am having a bad run...I can't get my engine going...it spins and spins but won't turn over. Check timing, spark and gas...all there....

Now looking for someone to make it run for me