Register now to get rid of these ads!

need to fit my wide whites

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorkeith, Dec 14, 2009.

1. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

I have a 47 ford with a 79 camaro clip(I know, I know) anyways I also have a 93 firebird disk rear in it. Presently I have 17x8 and 225/45/17 and 17x9.5 with 275/40/17 in the rear. I just got 5 like new 3"wide whites from a friend without rims. I plan to put them on 15x 7 rims. he had them on 8" wide rims and I thought they were too wide for the tread width. my question is I don't want them to si too faar in the fenderwell. so can someone show me some examples of " reverse" rims? can I run the deeper reversed in the rear and the reg up front? I'm looking at buying either steelies or some smoothies. any pics or helpful comments are appreciated. thanks

2. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

come on hambers some of you guys must be running reversed wheels

3. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

I don't think you want reversed wheel they have like 2" back space. Those wheels you have look like positive offset, if they are 9.5" wide. If they are the ones on your avatar pic. If you want to run 7" wheels I'd think 3.5/3.75" standard offset would be fine on the rear. I'd run 6's up front.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

5. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

thanks guys. the term reversed is a little new to me, so my definition could be wrong. I just don't want the wheels to end up being a mile inside the fendedrwell, a little is good as the white's will be taller. I know my ride will diminish a little but I think they will fit the overall look I'm looking for. can someone set me straight on the whole . if I run 6's up front, won't the tire be taller?reversed terminology. I thought they just made your wheels look deeper.