Register now to get rid of these ads!

need to find american graffiti on film for drive in car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

I'm able to use the Sky Line Drive in of Barstow Cal on Sept 28 to have a car show at day and movie at dark, but need to gain access to Graffiti on film, can anybody here help? here is the run down starts about noon trophys given at about 7:30, movie starts at dark and the cost is 20 bux to attend, dash plauqes to 1st 200 cars and the driver gets a free bbq sandwich ( by the way the money goes to the drive in owner not Me, the only thing I want is a fun time) so hope to see you there , go to docfranknstein.com for more info and a map. Von Doc

2. Maybe talk to Zombie, they showed that at Drag Fest. They had the big screen there.

I heard about this idea a while ago, and I think it is great.

3. George

George

It's going to be shown downtown Pensacola on the 28th, in a parking lot.

4. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

I e-mailed the south bay drive in cause I know they played AG recently but the addy has "a fatal error" come on guys I know it's out there.

5. prime mover

prime mover

well I hope you find it was looking forward to this show.

6. Sounds like that would be a fun caravan!!!

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

They hired a company that brings a giant inflatable screen and projected it from a
    DVD projector.

If your looking for it on 32mm film... its probaly really expensive and hard to get

You might be able to use that company and they can just project it onto the drive in screen for you and it would be cheeper...I would guess...

8. It was inflateable, and I think about $4500 a night.

Support your local shows, people, or they won't be able to afford to put them on anymore!

9. beauishere

beauishere

10. beauishere

beauishere

Go to the Swank Company on the page I sent you. I checked their catalog. They have American Graffiti. And your gonna want to make sure the projector is compatible with the film they have.

11. CHRIS 57

CHRIS 57
    from Upstate NY

If you are going to go the inflatable route, you can buy everything for less than $4500. Here is a link to a site were people set up drive inns and out door theaters in their yards.

http://backyardtheater.com/forums/