Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need title for car in PA - title lost, previous owner unknown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andk5591, Sep 4, 2014.

1. andk5591

andk5591

Update - have been in contact with Atty Bryan Shook in Camp Hill per the suggestion of one of you. He does this type of work for $750 plus filing and other fees. Guessing till its all said and done, would have a grand in it. So - for this amount, I may attempt to do it myself for the one car and see how it goes. I did find an owners card in one of the other cars and may try to find the former owners and try to get a duplicate title, which I have done in the past and its relatively painless.

2. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

I'm the guy who PM'd you about Bryan and yeah, it costs a few bucks but when you're done you will have a totally clear, legal PA title that matches the car's vin. He helped me and my son get titles when it looked hopeless, and this was after we wasted time trying a wide range of suggestions from people who meant well but weren't up to speed on PA law.

3. Koz

Koz

Not sure where you're at but Marge at Hawk Mountain Inspections has been real good at stuff like this for me. (570)-366-1041 Competent and priced right. She's probably done two dozen titles for me with good results.

4. andk5591

andk5591

I'm the OP. Have some good news and bad news. Bad news is that I wont have anymore to contribute to this thread, so hopefully the advice given will help others. Good news is I found an owners card in the one car (from 30 years ago) and found a phone number. Talked to the previous owners - real nice folks - and they were pretty certain they had the title transferred. Gave the info to the daughter and they dug and found the titles. So I am all set.

5. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

Cool, glad it turned out well.