Register now to get rid of these ads!

need some wheel/tire size recommendations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gabriel Howard, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

have 205/60/15 on right now but i do not like the look at all. and i do want to lower it eventually

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

well, 60's are too wide. plus, need wide white walls. add full size hub caps. but, don't spend big bucks on tires now until you decide how low you are going to go-need turning clearance, etc.

3. monsterflake

monsterflake

you need 14" or 15"? disc brakes?

4. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

monster...thats what i am asking help with. just from looking at mine i am thinking maybe some 16" wheels and id like to keep radial tires.
    i have stock drum brakes.
    as far as the drop, initially thinking some 3" blocks for rear and cut springs in front

5. monsterflake

monsterflake

there's some issues with all those. 14" wheels are easy to find, but the tire sizes are limited. the tallest, thinnest radial available is a 215/75/14.

plain 15" wheels (is that what you have now?) are harder to find, but have a lot more sizes, for your car, i wouldn't go bigger than 225/75/15.

16" wheels with a 4 3/4 bolt pattern are probably custom-made wheels, since i don't know of any factory applications that look like regular wheels. if you do though, most of those tires are 70 series at best, and not very tall, unless you get truck tires, which would probably be a 225/75/16.

6. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

lower it first then throw a set of flipper caps or some other full cap and step back and look at it, i think you may already have the tire and wheel size you want, it just doesn't look like it right now!!! although the 60 's may be a little small they would look awesome on a set of astro supremes on that car .........these are 205/75/15's i think they look fine .....not as good as skinny whites and astros would look but size wise i think they work fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Diavolo

Diavolo

[​IMG]

I put 16" wheels front and back to see what it would look like. I am planning on getting 16X8 and running standard cop car tire size on it front and back. I know 16" isn't traditional, but it fits the wheel well so well and isn't so much that it overpowers the dimensions of the car. Even lowered, this seems like the right size to my eye.

Also, planning on running disk brakes. 16" is the smallest I should go based on this fact for my situation.

Johnny

8. Mark Krahn

Mark Krahn
    from Vernon

Theres a 54 Chevy in the gallery of the white wall candystore's website that may be just the size you're looking for-215/65/16?? I'd post a link but I'm on my wifes Mac and haven't a clue how to do it!!

9. Mark Krahn

Mark Krahn
    from Vernon

Here it is... 16's with 215/65 rubber

Attached Files:

• 815.jpg
      815.jpg
      File size:
      53.9 KB
      Views:
  10. Swifster

Swifster

11. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

thanks Mark.....and swifster, keep the 22's for yourself, just what that stude needs

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Here are 215/75-15s

[​IMG]

and 205/75-15s

[​IMG]

I think either size would look fine on your car. You just need a taller section and wider WWs.

13. .45ACP

.45ACP

I wanted 16's to, but gm didn't make'm in a 4 3/4 bolt pattern. there Is a company in rush springs,I believe its called wheels express, he,s got new 15x7 steel wheels for 30$ each. I believe originals are just 6inches wide. I just lowered my 54 using 3inch blocks from chevsofthe40's and cut 2 coils out of front.here are the before n after pics.I seen your car at okie twist off. where did u get the whitewalls at. they looked alitttle wider than standard,i liked them.

Attached Files:

14. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

45ACP, i bought those locally. they are 205/60/15 bf goodrich radial ta's, the white walls were made by grinding the letters