Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some opinions - am I just bein a b1tch?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by blackmopar, Jul 7, 2009.

1. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

Theres another member on here that I just came across yesterday using my truck (actually the very same pic as my avatar) as his own - I dont know him from nothing - have tried PM, email, and also posting on a thread of his to try to get him to contact me so I can figure out WTF - no reply yet.

I mean on one hand I guess its cool he likes my truck, but am I wrong being pissed the f$$k off here about him using it as his avatar? I just kinda think thats like claimin its his, aint it?!?!??

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That sucks. Probably a kid or something. It happens from time to time, usually when they get called out it stops. Don't worry too hard about it. Post a thread letting us know how your truck is doing and we'll all know its yours :)

3. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

Good question. Hope he gives it up if it is a problem for you.

4. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

thanks guys - his name is wearymicrobe - dont know what the deal is - its wierd cuz he talks about having a 56, but none of the pics show up, and poeple are like - uh, dude, that looks like a 48 - which it IS - but its MINE!!!

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

lets go beat him up!

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I have a couple of people using pictures I took as their avatars. I am fine with it... even more so since they both sent me PMs asking permission. Not that any was needed. I posted them and they aren't profiting from my photos.

If he was passing your truck off as his, I might be pissed.

I'd just take a new picture and use that as your avatar. No sense him saying something stupid and you end up with the blame since your pics are identical.

(I use avatars to identify people when needed and have gotten two people confused before based on that...)

7. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

I get ya - I was just shocked to come across my truck being used as a minker without my consent - pasting it in a thread and saying its cool (or it sucks) I would have no issue with - I havent found anywhere that he is giving me credit for my truck - so I can only assume he is passing it off as his - It looks like you maybe have your kid or grandkid on your avatar - to me its kinda the same deal - I made this truck ya know

oh well, thanks for the comments

ladykruser - your suggestion may be my only option - diego is a big county though!!! aargh

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I have taken your word for this
    and have removed his avatar

9. mr.smith

mr.smith

im in!

10. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

Paul

I appreciate that - didnt know you guys could do that - I was hoping the guy would just do it himself
    Thanks again!

11. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

Damn - That Paul is good.