Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need some help - interior trim on a 65 Fury III 2dr hard top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Hello!

I just added a '65 Fury III to the collection. It's a 2dr hard top w/a factory 383 4spd. I bought the car 90% done...
    brand new paint on a solid AZ body, new interior, rebuilt tranny, new exhaust and tires, etc.

When I got the car, there was a trunk full of mostly interior chrome that was NOT labelled. I put in a few hours
    matching everything up, and was happy to find that 99% of the chrome is there. I do have few questions, however.

I've included a picture of the roof rail area. I have the chrome piece that runs along the inside edge of the roof
    pillar and the interior chrome piece that runs along the top of the roof rail that hides the edge of the headliner, and
    and the piece that runs down the back edge of the rear roof pillar.

1) Am I missing any chrome pieces in the roof rail area?

2) Does the roof rail weather strip glue on to the roof rail or is it held on by plastic arrow shaped "pins"?

I've also included a pic of the top of the door.

3) What goes on top of the door panel, between the top edge and the window? I'm aware that I need the fuzzies,
    but is there a separate chrome strip for the top of the panel, or is it a part of the fuzzy?

4) Does the interior use windlace between the vertical edge rear interior panel in the door opening? Is there any
    any other place that the interior uses windlace?

I'd appreciate any help I can get in getting the interior back together.

Thank you!

Chris
    Monroe, CT

Attached Files:

2. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

3. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

My brother in law did one of these. I'll ask him

4. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I'm not sure what your looking for to question #1. #2 those plastic arrows as you call them hold a rubber door seal, the door seal normally has a place to insert the plastic arrows as you call them. #3 there is a rubber seal that goes on the inside edge of the door to keep rain out and of course the fuzzies on the inside. For Rubber parts my brother in law used Steele rubber company parts. Link below, hope it works! Of course we all would like to see a picture of your car!

http://www.steelerubber.com/seal-door-4dr-sedan-palomino-81-0057-72

5. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Harry -

Thank you for the reply.

For 1), I have a pic of the top of the roof rail (Fury5). There's the exterior chrome strip that covers the front roof post, and along the top, there's the interior strip that covers the edge of the headliner. Is there an exterior chrome strip for the top of the roof rail?

The reason I asked about the roof rail weatherstripping is because I haven't been able to find anyone who makes them with the little arrow fasteners. There are slots in the top of the roof rail area, you can see them in the pic, but I didn't know if those slots were for arrow fasteners or for a missing piece of exterior chrome on the roof rail.

Someone from Forcbodiesonly.com recommended a guy on Ebay who sells window fuzzy kits, so I have one on order. Hopefully all will fit well.

The car is 90% done, but what's left is the real PAIN IN THE ASS stuff...and I didn't take it apart, so it's kind of a guessing game.

Chris

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The roof rail has a metal piece that screws on to the car in the slots. It is usually U or J shaped and flat on the bottom. The roof rail weather stripping gets glued in. Look at a few different cars and you will see what I`m talking about. Usually hardtops. This is my well educated guess.