Register now to get rid of these ads!

need some help in Holland

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigtumtum, Feb 24, 2009.

1. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

searching for someone in the netherlands who can help placing a other engine in my truck... last sunday (22.02.2009) my truck broke down on the highway the motor is not turning (vastgelopen) now im looking for someone who can install a other engine for a fair price...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

3. Hey Rob

I have send you a PM with some info.

Good luck Hennie

4. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

thanx hennie..

maybe some others????

5. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

6. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

still almost no respons so again!

searching for someone in the netherlands who can help placing a other engine in my truck... last sunday (22.02.2009) my truck broke down on the highway the motor is not turning (vastgelopen) now im looking for someone who can install a other engine for a fair price...

7. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

You might try contacting my dealer in Finland. These guys seem to know allot of people...maybe they can help...

More Speed Hot Rod Kustom
    http://www.mooneyesfinland.com/zencart/

8. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

thanx glenn,

im thinking of buying a v8 and install that in my truck using this...
    [​IMG]

but then the question would be i would buy a v8+trans what more do i need...

9. Marten

Marten

10. a engine swap is a easy thing of you know a bit over your car

11. Abomination

Abomination

Wow!

Sorry to hear your truck died! :(

~Jason

12. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Hey jason,

yeah i was on my way home when it happend so now looking for a nice v8+tranny

i know my truck in and out but never did a v8 transfer this way... i have done IFS swaps and total chassis swaps but not a engine mounting kit...

13. Abomination

Abomination

What about the V8 in the pics of your other truck?

You think you could get by with a used S-10 V6 for a while until you found your V8? At least you could be driving it while you were waiting to find one.

Surely you could find a 350 at a junk yard, or from an old van or something, right?

~Jason

14. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

If you can do an IFS installation then you most likely can do an engine swap aswell.
    If not, I know a couple of guys in the Netherlands who could do this for you if you want.
    On the westcoast, middle or eastside of the country.
    Where is the pickup now?

15. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

the truck now standing in driebruggen.. (in the near from gouda)

afcorse i can do it myself but i dont have tim or place now... im not livingin holland anymore.. and is just so little what you can do in a weekend.. :(

16. helmsville

helmsville

sorry that suck's, if you were in the USA it would easy to find some one, i know this doe's not help, but good luck. Chris

17. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Rob,

You'll most likely need to open the top water outlet on your radiator to use a V8. You already have an open drive line with a 3/4 ton but you may need a driveshaft change. You may be able to get away with a change to the U joint in the one that comes with the auto trans.

I'm not sure what you'll need to make the shifter work, I'd check the Stovebolt.com site to see what folks have done there. The shifter lever is the same on a car auto/manual but the linkage is obviously different.

You'll need a trans cooler and lines. You may need to look at a short water pump to clear everything and you'll need to make sure you have room at the firewall for the dizzy/valve covers. That is the tightest spot. HEI is pretty big if you use it. It will make a placement difference.

You'd be surprised at how much you can get done in a weekend but it might take you 3 or 4 to do it all! Make sure you get a trans mount when you get the engine mount!

18. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

hey dan,

it would be easyer to get the truck here and work on it.... but keep you updated when i get more info... i orderded the v8 mounting so now need a good v8 and transmission speek to you soon dan...

hey chris. thanx if i would be in the usa i know i can find everything but now i have to do with al your guys helping me on this distance...

Greetings Rob,

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  19. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

i know randaddy have done it so hope he can answer soon and give some useable tips what and how... to do it...

[​IMG][​IMG]