Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Sheet Metal Parts Made (Anyone Help?)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JPMACHADO, May 24, 2013.

1. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

I need 4 sheet metal parts made. I have attached a simple drawing. The parts need to be steel. The gauge is negotiable. I would like 16-14, but must confess to not know enough about sheet metal fabrication to tell someone what can be done. If you know of someone that can help me, please let me know. I only need 4 of them and want them to be crisp. I don't have access to a break and don't think I'd be happy with what I could bend up with a jig on my own.

Thanks
    John

Attached Files:

2. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Any sheet metal shop should be able to do this. Think a/c shops or small metal fab places. I don't have a decent brake or I'd bend them up for you.

3. raidmagic

raidmagic

Where are you located?

4. John...It may not make any difference depending on how you are using these panels, but just to make sure you don't end up with a "miscommunication" between you and your fabricator, you'll need to clarify where those dimensions are taken from. Keep in mind sheetmetal has a thickness. Your 6" dimension for example...inside or outside dimension?
    You will also need to determine what bend radii will work for you depending on your project.
    You may have a hard time finding an a/c/heating or a roofing shop that has the materials your looking for, as they normally deal in lighter gage galvanized materials.
    I think the shape you have drawn out is generally refered to as a "hat section"

5. BobMcD

BobMcD

Local sheet metal shop should be able to make, no problem. Post your location for a more specific response.

6. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

St. Louis, MO