Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need reassurance on a 32 ford frame dimension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binderman01, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Binderman01

Binderman01

Can anyone verify the marked dimension is correct? Westcotts shows 43.5", every dimension on my frame is correct on the nose except this one is 43", not 43.5, and my body hole center to center is also obviously off from westcotts because of it. If anyone has a different blueprint or can verify it would be great. I have a precision chassis next to this one that also measures 43" is why I'm wondering if it's off. Screenshot_20210620-194056.png

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

32-chassis.jpg The 43" mark is outside of frame, as with all the dimensions on the pass side. The drivers side have the dimensions to the center of frame mounting hole? Is that where your off??

3. Binderman01

Binderman01

It's supposed to be 43.5" outside to outside, I'm 43" outside to outside, the precision chassis next to it is also 43" outside to outside. Every other outside/outside measurement is spot on but this one.

chop&drop likes this.
  4. I measure 43.6 on a very nice, unmolested, original frame.

Binderman01 likes this.
  5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Right or wrong I have used the Wescott blueprint to build 100's of deuce frames.

pprather and Tman like this.
  6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well,--I have been selling original FOMOCO frame & roadster body prints all over the world for 30 years now on the HAMB. showing 3 views.
    If you want a copy it would be $50.50 + S/H charges to your zip code, IF you want both prints $71.00 + S/H to your zip code.----Don

Boggus Deal likes this.
  7. I imagine if a half dozen original, pristine frames were lined up the dimension in question would vary by 1/2 to 3/4 inch, maybe more.
    I'd just mount the body and enjoy.

Binderman01 likes this.
  8. Binderman01

Binderman01

My view as well, however with the nearest two spots being 7.75"-11" away I can't imagine being able to shift the chassis .25" and not throwing my other two nearest out completely. May have to split the gap and put in a makeshift crossmember until I can get the body on to fit it.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev

That dude 200 miles down the road (Don) sells one fine print of the Deuce frame dimensions, well worth investing in a frame for.

10. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I noticed my frame was tight at the measurement years ago also . My body is on the frame , and worked out fine . Ever think the tape measure could be a touch off or like me maybe it was me the operator of the measurement tool .