Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need pictures of single tail lights on a roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no6, Oct 16, 2012.

1. I'm looking for pictures of a single tail light on Model A or 32 roadsters. I'm building a 30 and need some visual ideas. Any A or 32 will give me an idea of what I might want, I couldn't find anything doing a search that I liked.

2. L7

L7

A search for "mother of all taillights thread" may assist your search. - L7

3. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

man, not to insult you or anything, but that must have been one brief search. First of all, don't limit yourself to asking/looking for roadsters. Coupes have same style at rear. The internet abounds with pictures of hot rods/street rods. Heck, just go onto Ebay and search 'cars and trucks' and specify FORD, then select 1928-1932 for years. Most ads have numerous photos and generally show a back view. There are several other 'cars for sale sites', and there's even some kind of a photos website (my son uses it, but I have no idea what it is) where you just specify what car you're looking for and it has many uploaded images. No doubt someone on here (the HAMB) knows more than I do.

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

just re-read your posting - you're looking for a SINGLE taillight? as in ONE only lamp at the rear? or you're looking for taillights that have a single lens/bulb, one for each side? such as 50 Pontiac...42-48 Ford...etc

5. Went through the whole thread and others on here and the Ford Barn and could not find anything I liked.

One single lamp in the middle of the body.

6. Here in Indiana, only one tail light was required on vehicles built and sold before January 1, 1956. That may sound weird to some, but that was how it was back then.

7. WHY??? The more the better to not get rearended by someone texting or on thier cell phone or not paying attention. If you are only using one it better be HUGE.

8. Carter

Carter

Well I just so happened to install the taillight on my roadster last night.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

9. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

likely to get a ticket if only running one taillight (at least around here)

10. Cop in Cali can't give you a ticket if the car originally came with only one tail light. I believe the second tail light was an option on pickup till the mid 50's and on cars till 40. Ever seen a standard 40 Ford? Only 1 tail light, it looks weird. I got one on a 49 F 1, fought it in court and made the cop look like and ass.

11. pumpman

pumpman

Sorry Man, couldn't resist. I know I need a longer extension cord.

Attached Files:

12. I used an AR lamp on mine

[​IMG]