Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need Model A front axle info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lugnutz9032, Oct 10, 2009.

1. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

I'm planning on doing my first chassis mock up when I get back off the road again (trk drvr) just before Christmas but realized after I'd already hit the road again :eek: that I forgot to measure the springperch to springperch distance.I'm using a stock model a axle.I need to get a spring ordered before then so it will be there when I get home.Anyone got a measurement or know what spring length is required?

2. REM/Mo

REM/Mo
    from Missouri

Model A front axle.

From center to center on the spring eyes should be 31"
    The shackle mounts on the perches are 34 center to center.

Any one you order a spring from should know the measurements for an A axle and spring.

Hope this helps

3. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

Thanks for the heads up.Never know how knowledgable the person on the other end of the phone is for sure unless you've dealt with them before.

4. They may ask for the measurement from axle perch bolt center to other perch bolt center so have that handy when you call.

5. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

Thanx C9,but incase you missed it that was what I FORGOT to do before I hit the road again.

6. REM/Mo

REM/Mo
    from Missouri

Perch bolt center to center on top of the axle is 36 1/2".

8. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

That or the 31" spring eye to eye should get me what I need.Thanx for the info.