Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need info on Joplin & Neosho, MO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RustyRedRam, May 21, 2009.

1. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

So seeing as the HAMB drags are held in Joplin, I figured there would be a wealth of knowledge here. It looks as if I'm going to be going to Joplin and Neosho sometime next week. My best friend's dad/my goddaughter's grandfather had a massive heart attack last week while in vacation visiting friends in Topeka. He's in a coma and I believe is going to be taken off life support, per his wishes. His family has a plot in Neosho. As I'm told the funeral services will be in either Joplin or Neosho with burial in Neosho. What I'd like to know is what should I expect at the Joplin airport? Will I be able to rent a car there? Not wanting to impose on other family members, will I be able to get a hotel/motel in Neosho? Should I fly into a different airport? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Matt

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yes, you can rent a car at Joplin airport (Avis (417) 624-6360) and there are a couple of good motels at Neosho including this one: http://www.bestwesternmissouri.com/hotels/best-western-big-spring-lodge/ Sorry to hear about your friend, I lost my Dad in Neosho a year ago. If you get time, stop at the Undercliff bar and grille just south of Joplin on the OLD highway 71. Very cool place on a river with lots of old cars and motorcyles on weekends. I always go there with friends when in that area. http://undercliff.net/

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  3. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

The is a nice new terminal at the Joplin airport and as far as I know there is at least one rental car company there. I fly in and out of Tulsa or the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport.

There are several motels here, but I recommend the Best Western. Cost a little more but it is the newest. There is also a Super 8.

I will PM you my cell number. Call me if you have questions.

John

4. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Thanks so far guys. Anyone else have anything pertinent I should know?

5. My Bro has a P & B shop in Anderson south of there. PM me for his #. Owns some cool cars. He can tell you about the car scene if you need some therapy. When my Dad died 4 years ago, I immediately went and did some car stuff. Helped me through the ruff stuff.

6. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

My daughter used to live in Anderson just south of Neosho. When I flew, I would fly in to Tulsa and rent a car there. The Tulsa airport is on the north side, and it is real close and easy to get on the turnpike and head north for a quick and easy ride up to that area.

7. Have lunch once at the Gearhead diner in Neosho.

Charlie

8. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

You could stay in Joplin at the Holiday Inn which is also the Host hotel for the Hamb Drags. PM Hamb Member "Suit" (Rob Pyle) works there, so let him know you're coming into town. He always does his best to take care of Hambers.

The Holiday Inn
    3615 Range Line Rd, Joplin - <table class="ts" style="margin-top: 6px;"><tbody><tr><td style="line-height: normal;" valign="top"><nobr>(877) 863-4780</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

9. Suit

Suit

Already on it Ben. Thanks!!

10. RichG

RichG

11. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Wow! Totally overwhelmed with the outpouring of help and assistance.

12. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

This place never ceases to amaze me. Thanks to everyone who is willing to help out a total stranger. Words can't describe how I feel right now.