Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need idea's - 52-54 Ford pics please.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flatattack, Feb 13, 2006.

1. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

My old flaked out 53, sold when we bought our house.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flatattack

Flatattack

Man, i thought this thread was dead.

There are some great examples posted on here which have given me some cool ideas.
    The car has almost had all the fabrication finished and new rockers are being fitted now, then some minor rust and finally paint. I'll post some pictures when it has been sprayed.

Thanks everyone for your contributions and thanks Thunderroad for reviving it!

3. thunderroad

thunderroad
    from san mateo

Switchblade What do you call those side spears on quarter panel. I've seen them on mercs. Can't seem to find any info on them. I've seen an ad on night prowlers site, though no detail or lengh.

4. thunderroad

thunderroad
    from san mateo

Sorry about that ....length

5. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

They're repro merc quarter spears. I bought those from night prowlers. They were very nice quality....

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Ford had a set of quarter spears, or what a lot of guys called em "Gills" as add-on trim. were a lil shorter and thinner than the merc pieces.

i got a set of the merc's, but i keep goin back and forth if i'm gonna use em or not... maybe if i french them in, or tunnel them into the front edge of the blister. . . who knows.

glad this thread popped back up, kinda got my mind going on the 54 again :cool:

7. Sooowee

Sooowee
    from Auburn, CA

I posted some pictures earlier in this thread of my car just before I bought it. Now here's some newer pictures. I think it looks better...

Attached Files:

8. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Finally found this thread! Thank you all for inspiration!!! Build thread for my Vicky coming soon!