Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help with 34 masters , how can I drop the oil pan with the motor in ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Edward Priebe, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Edward Priebe

Edward Priebe

Can anyone tell me how to drop the oil pan on my grandfather's 34 chevy master? He said he only ever dropped the oil pan with the motor removed but we're not sure how to do it with the motor in the car?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

Edward

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

It depends on what the obstacles are. If it is the steering tie rods, remove them. Exhaust pipe...same thing.
    If there is a frame cross member that is, or appears to be, in the way, it may be possible to loosen the engine mounts and other related attachments, and jack the engine up a couple/few inches.

Pictures would help to offer more relevant suggestions if you can post a few of both the underside and topside of the engine compartment.

Ray

3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

I had a one family low mileage '34 Town Sedan apart for rings & a replacement head. They're designed to be easily serviced, & nothing is in the way. Wait 'til you see how they oiled those things ....

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member