Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help on Chevy fuel pump rebuild kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carpok, Jun 16, 2010.

1. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Does anyone know if a kit is available to rebuild this pump. Thanks Ron

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      251 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      217.7 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      250 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      237.2 KB
      Views:
  2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I got a kit for my Studebaker fuel pump and enjoyed fixing it myself but for a Chevy I'd just go to a local store and pick one up. Any savings will get eaten up in shipping charges. Get a local one and be on the road this afternoon. JMO

3. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Thanks tommy! I'm building an old school 327 with tunnel ram and trying to use older performance parts. By the size of the in and out ports this pump must push some good GPM. Can anybody help with a rebuild kit? Thanks Ron

4. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

CARPOKE...GEEZ! are NEW fuel pump's realy that expensive?...POP.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

any numbers on this LARGE PORT fuel pump? Check in Hemmings under mixed-make and Chevrolet parts = also 'services offered' If you can identify the pump, it's likely there will be a kit out there - possibly NOS.

dj

6. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

The diaphragm in a NOS kit won't live long with modern fuels with alcohol in them. The 3 inlet/outlet valves do indicate a high capacity pump.

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

Not sure of the rebuild kit. But here is a part number for a napa brand fuel pump, for a 1960 fuel injected corvette high horse power engine. about 60.00 without exchange. Part #M3972 and just like your pump it can be clocked for your install.

8. That looks like an old carter high volume race pump. kits are difinitely out there and it beats the crap out of sealed pumps. Try Antique Auto cellar(celler?) or check an Edlebrock distributor. I think they took this from carter several years ago. These are what used to be required in Nascar because they do not allow ANY non-engine driven pumps.