Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help - Oakland, CA area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldandkrusty, Feb 4, 2008.

1. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I hope that someone may be able to provide some help with this problem. My brother, who knows absolutely nothing about cars of any kind, has purchased a one owner '57 Olds Dynamic 88 2 dr. hardtop. He got the car from an auction house named, I believe,
    Clar's(?) in Oakland. I have seen photos of the car and it really does look like a beautiful find. However, as he knows doodly about cars, I am concerned that he needs to find a service shop that will look the car over for him and comment on the mechanicals and what should or should not need work, i.e. brakes, front end, shocks etc.. I would also like him to be able to find a tranny shop that would be able to look at the old hydro and get into it to change the fluid and replace the filter.

Sooooooo, my question is do any of my HAMB brethren know of such places in the Oakland, or surrounding, area that are honest and capable of these simple tasks. As I said, and will reiterarate, my brother knows nothing so I would like to ensure, if possible, that he does not get screwed over by some unscrupulous "repair" shop.

Thanks for whatever help you can pass along.

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

i have scruples and i know Oldsmobiles.

3. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Yorga, check your PM box.

4. He's not kidding