Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help making decision on a car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by new54belair, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Really?,,We have been offered stupid money for our Wagon!,,I don't think your observation is factual,,built right ANY old car will bring a good profit. and '52-'54 Fords have increased in popularity over the last decade! HRP

[​IMG]

2. fbama73

fbama73

Ford is like Chevy, just faster and less rusted.

3. kscarguy

kscarguy

I guess you can teach this old dog some new tricks. Dang that's a nice 54!

4. rld14

rld14

Part of the value issue is that, well.. how often do you see a 54 Ford built to THAT level? You've almost certainly got one of the best 54 Fords in America and I'd damn near guarantee that it's the best 54 Ranch Wagon on the planet.

Moot point I guess because of the car's history, but it's worth "stupid" money.

Most of these cars are like my 54 Customline Fordor, somewhat presentable chrome and paint, so so interior, but runs great. It's a $4-5k driver, but that's exactly what I do with it, drive the wheels off of it!

5. indyjps

indyjps

PICS Requested.

Id skip the flat black and red wheels, hit it with satin or just shoot it in single stage enamel in a light color, those cars look great in pale green, yellow, cream, then stripe it up.
    get some pics up so we can see what youre working with.

6. new54belair

new54belair

yeah indyjps , ive totally decided to go a different route with the car and put some color on it, i was thinking a light blue with a white top, just a thought, it will be this weekend before i can pick it up,the seller is out of town till then , i will for sure post some pics of the progres i make with it.

7. derbydad276

derbydad276

hmmm this thing says .... Im tired of shoe box chevys gettin all the glory!!!!!

give me a straight axel, 390 with tri power, top loader ,ladder bars , fenderwell headers & some hurst tires on halibrand wheels