Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help locating top fasteners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leon renaud, Sep 6, 2012.

1. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

like the intro says I'm trying to find a source for the snaps GM used in their convertible tops and top boots, The snaps they use can slide about 1/2 inch in their mounting plate so if a snap is off a bit it will still be able to connect.I'm looking for the button snap itself and the tool needed to install them . I have already called Tech Support at Auveco and they can't help without a sample I don't have a top or cover to cut one out of!

2. F&J

F&J

Don't know if he is still at it, but try Reggie at Park Auto Trim, Pamer Mass. He is quite elderly, but if he is still there, he must know. His brother works on the other half of the building doing later stuff and might not be able to help, but worth a try if Reggie is gone.

3. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

bump for a new group

4. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Try the folks over at Lebarron Bonney,they have a lot of the different snaps for conv tops,mostly for older stuff,but the snaps are pretty universal. 37 caddy

5. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

when you find it, post it up, i think i will need the same thing, thanks.

6. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I spent 6 hours today looking at different companies online and calling their tech support people so far no one seems to have them.I know one restoration place that makes top boots that has a supplier but they won't share the information and what I'm doing is not in any way competition to them.I will check Lebarron Bonney

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Cut a piece of plastic or a light gauge of metal, drill a hole(slot) and have an upholsterer install a long barreled snap. Don`t sinch the snap all the way down with the press-n -snap tool. I make em all the time.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012