Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help locating antique heater/air conditioning parts.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SKR8PN, Nov 18, 2003.

1. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

I have a 1960 Caddy more door cee-dan with factory A/C,in the shop.The air works great.Heater core rotted out.Located a new core,but,on the side of the core,is a water valve.Thermostatically controlled. It works great also,but what I need is the special o-ring gasket-looking thing that seals the water valve to the core itself.Every search I have tried,comes up empty handed. Any HAMB brothers out there got any ideas for vintage heater parts? Thanks in advance!

2. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Permatex copper?

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

try usa parts supply in va. 703-335-1935. they keep a large inventory of caddy ac\heater parts. they also have free catalogs.

4. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I am in the EXACT same boat as you. Search for a post by me with Heater Hollander Help in the title, and you will find an interchange list.

5. I put together heater cores with the valve thingies using a standard rubber O-ring gasket. The one in my 59 Impala has been in there for 4 years with no leaks or problems. It's nothing special and costs you maybe 10 cents. Nowadays I look for heater cores and valves and I mix and match them, keeping the good ones that don't have the green shit all over the copper. So far after 7 heaters set up by me, none leak.

Simple rubber O-ring gasket.

Travis

6. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

Thanks guys. I'll give the O-ring a try first and if'n THAT don't work,we'll go to plan "B". Fortunately,I have a radiator shop nearby that has been a Godsend with this little project,but this gasket kinda thru them for a loop..