Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help/insight on selling a car to someone in the uk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrong generation, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Sorry, but I can't agree with those who say spares inside the car are no problem. If they are still there when the buyer receives it fine. There are far too many opportunities. They are far to easy pickings. Far too many strangers roaming about who will grab anything not nailed down, or sealed up.

2. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sold a car to a party in Belgium. Extra and spare parts were loaded into the car. He paid by wire transfer in two parts. I helped him locate a shipper (Schumacher). The shipper arranged with a transporter to pick up the car at my house and take it car to their facility. The car was in their warehouse for a couple of months until the container could be filled with another car going to the same port. The car and parts arrived safely. All in all it was a somewhat complicated transaction, but taken step by step was workable. Make sure your title is good and accurate. Customs at both ends will be checking. Shipper can also tell you what other documents are needed. Taking photos when the car is being loaded is a great suggestion. I sent them to the buyer so he could see the condition. Good luck.

stillrunners likes this.
  3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

i also have sold cars overseas. In each transaction the buyer contacted his agent here and transferred money to the agent. The agent came to me with cash. And transport. I don't care what extra parts go in the car. But the only time I made the shipping arrangements just to the port turned into a big hassle. Much better when I delivered to the end of the driveway

Attached Files:

stillrunners and 47ragtop like this.