Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help IDing a some headlight bezels...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -DouG-, Nov 30, 2010.

1. -DouG-

-DouG-

These are all swap meet finds.
    Anyone know what they're from?

1. this is chromed and has 3 ribs around it...this isn't cast. it's chromed stamped steel.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2, 3 & 4. are all similar...

[​IMG]

2. says 'PERFECTION' on it and 'ODEL' on the backside near the lower screw hole.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Also says 'PERFECTION' and has 3 screw hole around the light opening. has 'K991' on the backside near lower screw hole. Not as deep as #2

[​IMG]

4. Has a turn signal opening... and says '8231-A' on the backside

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. Squablow

Squablow

I don't know what that first one is but I have an identical one that I would like to identify. I've had it for months and it's driving me nuts, I hope someone chimes in with the answer.

The other ones all look like aftermarket sealed beam conversion pieces for 1939 Ford cars, basically it eliminated the old glass lens teardrop unit so you could mount round 7" sealed beam bulbs in the car. Those are just the bezels, there was also a bucket for the bulb to mount to.

3. Weasel

Weasel

First one might be 1940 Plymouth or '39 Dodge - looks Moparish to me, and you appear to have a couple of aftermarket bezels with 2,3,4 - Electroline made some like the one with the running light opening and they were used a lot on Willys gassers.

4. Squablow

Squablow

'40 Plymouth has a parking light built into the bezel at the top, '39 Dodge headlights aren't perfectly round. Also pre-war Mopar headlight bezels were pretty much all die cast pot metal.

I'm dying to know what that fucker is now.

5. Scott F.

Scott F.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347219

If it works, the above link is to an ID thread I started. Mine look like your number four and it was said that they were sealed beam conversion bezels, as previously mentioned. I bought them because I thought they looked cool.

Scott

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

bottom one appears to be a Willys headlight rim to me

7. -DouG-

-DouG-

Thanks guys! 37-39 aftermarket makes sense... Anyone got any ideas on the first one?

8. -DouG-

-DouG-

BTT once again 'cause I still haven't figured out what the first one is from...

Thanks