Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Help/Ideas with Tudor body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Iceberg460, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Well it looks like I got another project. Just worked out a deal to get an old friends '31 Tudor project and I need some help figuring out what parts I'm going to need to finish the body. I am new to Model A's so I got no idea how they go together, and the car is 3 states away right now.

The plan is to fill the roof with an insert from an early '90s Dodge minivan and hopefully weld everything together without the use of any wood. The body has no windshield frame, or any of the parts above or below it. I know I'm going to need a cowl cover, dashboard, windshield frame and hardware, visor, panel behind the visor and the roof insert, but is there any thing else? A body parts explosion or pics would be of great help if anybody has them. The interior is going to be no frills, bare metal, but I would like it to seal fairly well to keep wind noise and water leaks to a minimum, and I want the body to look somewhat finished from the out side.
    <O:p</O:p

Also, how are you guys filling the area where the fabric roof would be nailed down? (Not sure what it’s called, Tack Strip maybe?) It doesn't seem that it would look right with the body line ending where the top of the quarter windows are. Thanks<O:p</O:p

Attached Files:

2. troylee

troylee

The tack strip area is covered by a drip rail . That is nailed to the wood on the inside. I found mine at a swap meet. But I think Macs sells repops .

3. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Thanks troylee, but I would like to not use any wood if possible

4. Iceberg460

Iceberg460