Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help collecting from deadbeat HAMBER

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagesurvivor, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What's that old saying? "If you loan someone $50 bucks and you never see them again it was probably worth it."

2. I'm beating steve's head against the wall trying to figure out what excuse could possibly be good enough to purposely ignore this feller and you be able to meet up with him at a god damn cruise night.

If he went broke, fuckin tell his sob story but 8 fuckin weeks was it? come on! beg/borrow/steal, it doesn't take that long to come up with $48 especially when YOU AGREED TO IT WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE HEADERS!

If he was in an accident. He had time to go fuck around at cruise night, he is still going to work someone said, so he is definately capable of contacting the seller!

There isn't going to be an excuse here, not a good one, but I'm sure everyone would accept an apology if he has enough balls to come back on here and give one.

3. vintagesurvivor

vintagesurvivor
    from detroit

4-16 "Let me know how much to ship them and I will send the money out."
    4-18 "I will send you a money order tomorrwo."
    4-27 "I am going in monday, and will check. I will send the money order out then as well."
    5-09 " I am gonna send the money order out tomorrow for $50 "
    5-24 "I have been moving my shop and have so much shit going on.I will be getting the money order out on friday no excuses."

OK, whats the excuse this time Steve???????

4. richiek

richiek
    from Central PA

I just read thru this entire thread...you seem like a nice guy Bro, you did something cool for someone and he has seemed to burn you....but now you just sound like a big baby. You have the defintion wrong man...principle is not spending hundreds on court costs, plane tix and other shit...principle is knowing that you did right, lesson learned...When selling over the net to a stranger, do not send untill you get paid.

5. vintagesurvivor

vintagesurvivor
    from detroit

I resent being called a baby for standing on principle.

The "Baby" here is the person that does not stand to his word.
    MEN keep thier word, "Babies" do not.

In the end, our word is all we have.

At least HIS is now known to all, and maybe the best part is that he will have a real hard time getting anything from anyone here.

6. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

i know a bummer story of a HAMBER's deal gone wrong,
    but not through the HAMB just by one.

imagine having an early olds rearend,
    shortened to fit a 30 coupe,
    Imagine getting hounded almost everyday
    by the guy who bought the basket case coupe w/o rearend,
    (the rearend owner has a 30 coupe at the time with trashed 9 inch,
    got the rearend frm the seller separate)

then finally making a deal to trade the olds rearend for a newer sectioned 9 inch.
    then waiting patiently almost 2 years for the trade,
    while the guy basically avoided any form of contact,
    even at so-cal shows,
    as the semi-famous coupe was driven hard, burnouts, draggin, 100s of miles, etc.

then one night rearend shows up dropped off at door, (2 yrs)
    when original owner happens to not be home,
    tells kids oh this rearend was howlin the whole time i had it,
    basically deals off.
    rear end is all worn out and i think redrilled for other wheels as well,
    other brackets welded on, basically just beat.

( I drove the car when first ran and rode in it and the rearend was OK,
    also had to make excuses for him cause at the time was a good friend)

the funny thing is gator (real name) wasn't/isn't really pissed off,
    just amazed that someone would use someone so hard,
    then blow him off,
    and since the guy has no remorse, has fun playin with the guy cause
    he will do anything to avoid him and his two sons at shows and other events.

anyway it is an ongoing story in the ventura/thousand oaks area

tp aka zibo

7. Mass Butcher

Mass Butcher

I am not here to defend Steve(thats his job), or anyone, as it's our own responsibility to police our own actions and take responsibility. However, as you continue to compain about the $48(rightfully) I have offered to pay you myself, with the understanding that I will collect the money from him when I can. This solves your problem, right? I understand that the principle here is that HE owes you the money, but you also have someone willing to pay up. I have asked you to pm me and you have not.

Again, it IS up to Steve to contact you and make things right, and even log on and explain himself. All I am saying is that if that doesn't happen let me know and I will ensure you are payed.

8. xxlv8

xxlv8
    from USA

Dude, All I can say is that you are a stand-up guy... And "Steve" must have pictures of you with your favorite Sheep or something... :)

I live in Mass too and you just don't find that too often here (stand-up guys that is). Good for you, Steve has a great friend.

9. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

The end.
    For some unknown reason you got stiffed which isn't a good feeling I'm sure! But a friend of his is willing to cover the deal. Cool!
    Obviously theres more to this than people are letting on...but thats fine. People deserve their privacy.
    Time to collect your money and let it drop V.S.! Once your paid the deal is complete.

Your a good guy to take care of this one Mass Butcher!
    Hope everything works out for your friend too.

10. I agree with this guy,,,,if he wants to cover his friends debt,,,take the money and quit complaining,,,,,,I get pissed off if I get screwed also,,,,but you have someone willing to pay you what is owed,,,pm him and take it! HRP

11. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Man, if that many people are willing to stand up for the guy, that would get my attention. True deadbeats usually leave a trail of pissed off folks in their wake.

Why not let MassButcher give ya the dough and let him collect from the guy? Sounds like a HAMBer doing you AND his pal a solid.

I know what ya mean though, it does spark outrage in me if I front a guy something and don't get paid. The trick for me is not to front more than I'm prepared to lose. It's still a pisser, but at least then I'm prepared for it :)

I sent out a couple of things to HAMBers 2 weeks ago that I put up the money for. One guy I hadn't heard from, so I wrote him an email and a few days later I got the money in my paypal with a note that he'd been outta town. The other guy has had some hassles with his paypal but he's kept in touch and told me the check is in the mail, and I'm sure it is.

It woulda been a drag to get burned, but it was only a little over 30 bucks, and that much I'm prepared to lose.

Sounds like maybe you overextended yourself on these headers, bro. Seriously, $48 is *not* worth the stress you're putting on your body and your mind over this, not to mention what it's doing to this Steve cat as well. I'm sure anybody that's had poor health knows(myself included) just how frail we all really are.

Take MassButcher's money. You're letting him be a friend to Steve, taking a bunch of stress off yourself, and that's gonna mean you have more energy for your family, friends, and work. It also helps Steve and his family. It's a win all the way around.

Good luck man. Im glad to see this has a positive resolution.

Props to MassButcher for stepping up, HAMB style. Respect!

12. =mike=

=mike=

Someone has offered to make it right and your still shitting your bed about it ? Shut the fuck up already and stop posting P.M.'s and stuff that don't matter at this point . Get ahold of this Steve guys friend here and take the guy up on his offer and be done with it .

You trying to rub his nose in it after someone has already said they would handle the debt for you is dumb . We all know the stpory and don't need the extra details to know you got fucked by someone .

Get over it man . It sounds like you are just complaining to hear yourself complain .

13. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

If he went out to start his own shop then he must have the ability to come up with 48 bucks that he owes someone who gave him a free part.

but that's just my opinion and maybe something drastic happened to him... like being in the hospital so i'm not going to judge him.. So far, all the Hambers have been awesome to me.

14. Mass Butcher

Mass Butcher

Just an update: I sent out the money order on Tuesday morning this week. I ran into Steve and after I told him about this thread he sent out another money order as well. I guess He couldn't log on and post or pm because his account was closed.

So regardless there are now 2 money orders just in case. I'm sure I will recieve mine back once he recieves the two.

15. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I am old, 66, sick, shingles, and i still send out parts. being sick is just another excuse. be a man and do the right thing pay up. now that you have after a while people might trust you again.

16. Account closed my ass. He doesn't have the balls to come back. He could always open a new account if he really is banned, just to explain himself.

Luuucy! You have some esplainin to do!

17. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I think MB meant his internet account.His HAMB account doesnt show as banned or anything but maybe I am wrong.

18. vintagesurvivor

vintagesurvivor
    from detroit

This entire post is rude, obnoxious, and not worth the time to respond to:
    "Someone has offered to make it right and your still shitting your bed about it ? Shut the fuck up already and stop posting P.M.'s and stuff that don't matter at this point . Get ahold of this Steve guys friend here and take the guy up on his offer and be done with it .

You trying to rub his nose in it after someone has already said they would handle the debt for you is dumb . We all know the stpory and don't need the extra details to know you got fucked by someone .

Get over it man . It sounds like you are just complaining to hear yourself complain ."

I missed Massbutchers offer the first time, the reason I did not take it.
    I think the main thing I am trying to get across here, is people watch out, there are some real deadbeats out there that have no value in their word.

$48.00 is not the issue here! The issue is KEEPING YOUR WORD!
    These were FREE parts man, FREE! If this guy cannot pay for free parts, but has the time to wander car shows, I certainly do not want anyone else getting burned by him. What if he owed YOU $100, $500, $1000? Would it be an issue then? You bet.

Principle man! I guess SOME of us were brought up with a little bit better moral fortitude than others.......

I will post when I get these MO's. WE'll see.

Till then, just beware this BLACKTOPBUTCHER guy, or deal at you own risk.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.