Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help 40 pedal setup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IowaMercMan, May 27, 2014.

1. In the picture below, where does the washer 01A-7539 go?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1401234749.469467.jpg

Inside the clutch equalizer shaft , under the bushing?
    Outside the bushing, slipped over the ball?
    Somewhere else?
    Do I really need it?

I can't believe I didn't find a post here or fordbarn on this.

To clarify, I am using the clutch equalizer shaft from a 1940... Model A frame, 8BA, T-5 with hogshead bellhousing and Dwight Bond adapter plate.
    Pedals have not been determined yet (but do not have the 40s). The main thing is getting the equalizer shaft figured out, I think.

Walt

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. 36tbird

36tbird

Because it is pictured adjacent to the spring that fits inside the equalizer shaft, I'm guessing it goes inside the shaft possibly to exert pressure on the brass bushings. It has been a long time since I messed with one and I never had the benefit of that drawing to aid me, though. You can see the tit on 7507 that keeps the spring centered on the ball so maybe the washer is there to keep the spring centered in the shaft during assembly.

3. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Isn't that a felt washer at the ball?

4. I think you're right Fourty. I kinda decided it goes on the outside of the bushing, on the ball to hold the grease in.

Walt