Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need cheap interior in mn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frenchie 1, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Frenchie  1

Frenchie 1
    from Colorado

Im looking for someone cheap that can re upholster a seat for my f100 in southern Minnesota.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Maybe you'd better explain that a bit more...

You need someone to do the work for less money than the next guy...???

Or you're looking for someone that does inexpensive and poor quality work...???

R-

3. GREASER815

GREASER815

If you don't want to spend much you probably just need to order a cover you can install yourself, upholstery work is not cheap.

4. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

An old blanket is as cheap as it gets.

5. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Go to the fabric store, get some marine vinyl. it's black friday, so it is on sale. get a bunch, and also heavy "german" thread. find someone with a stout sewing machine and get to work. I did it myself on two cars. About $200 for doors and two seats. be creative.

6. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. Frenchie  1

Frenchie 1
    from Colorado

I'm looking for the inexpensive poor quality. I can't spend 1,100 on a seat.

8. Yeah,this is going to be your best bet. HRP

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I notice you changed your avatar. Are you putting a seat in your truck? That just reduced your bill by half. :)

Seriously, the craft store has foam, vinyl, thread, velcro, everything you need for way less than $1100. I recovered a chevy truck bench for my 53, cut the sides down by an inch so it sat lower, but it worked great.

10. 2935ford

2935ford

There is a thread on here about getting thrown away old leather couches/chairs and using the material from that for seats! That's inexpensive/cheap but....could be very good quality!

11. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

I would do some calling around.. We re-foamed and covered my cousins '59 ford truck seat then took it to the shop to get stitched up.. Total was $500 for everything. One seat shouldn't set you back to much. ImageUploadedByTJJ1353697139.889141.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Beau

Beau

Frenchie, PM me. We have a new fella in town that has 30 years experience. He is looking to get his name out. He approached out club last week. There is a bit of a language barrier, but from what I have heard, he is good.

13. Frenchie  1

Frenchie 1
    from Colorado

I'm doing a 60 ford, this one I built when I was 17. Sold a long time ago. But same deal only need the seat done.