Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need advise from the knowing masses!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fanspete, Jan 7, 2007.

1. fanspete

fanspete

I need some help guys, I'm selling my '69 RS-Z/28(orig. drivetrain,57k mi.,needs paint)to get back to my roots (bought a '57 gasser project and a '57 wagon for the wife,still have to drag my '31 Vicky out of the woods). I have a guy wanting to trade me a '62 Impala SS409. It's a 72k mile, norust, red, blk int, buckets, 4sp, really nice car. It has a '64 425hp 409 in it now.It could stand paint on the hood(sand scratches) and it needs different wheels,that's about it. Anyone have an idea what it is worth? I know nothing about '62s.:confused:

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Who cares what it is worth, you are talking Roots hurry and trade him. $.02

3. fanspete,
    how much have you got on the Z/28.
    Al.

4. fanspete

fanspete

I want 40k for it.

5. squirrel

squirrel

talk about not answering the question :)

6. metalman

metalman

How would trading help get back to roots? Only if you sell 409, would that be easier or bring more then Z/28??? dought it.

7. fanspete

fanspete

That's why I needed help on the '62s worth, I'm sure Ican get some boot.Either one will have to go, I figure it's easier to sell a cheaper car that's real nice. I'll have to get enough difference to make it worthwhile for me, though.
    Oh, yeah, 'advice'.oops!

8. Squablow

Squablow

It doesn't pay to trade the guy, because then you just have another car to sell. The '62 isn't worth that much without the original motor, and you'd damned well be able to document that it was a real 409 car when new if you're gonna try to get 40K for it.

A 69 Z-28 should be an easy sell. I think there's more buyers out there for an early Camaro than there is for a '62 Impala with a non numbers matching motor in it. I personally would pass.

Spend some $ and get your Camaro painted if that's what it needs, it'll make the sale so much easier (unless it has original paint, in which case, it doesn't need paint no matter what it looks like)

There's some advice for you, free of charge.

9. guiseart

guiseart

If it were a numbers matching '62 409... you'd be shittin' in tall cotton, I would guess even a non-matching would be worth $18 to 20k... but that's just coming from a guy who reads 10-12 wheeler-dealer publications a week for kicks... I'm no expert.

10. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

has he got the engine that came im the car ? ..
    Dave

11. fanspete

fanspete

Original motor is gone,It's got 4.10s and an old Ansen blowproof in it,I'm sure the original motor scattered.
    That poses another problem for me...I'm not having any luck finding info on how to I.D. Impalas.
    I did find out he wants in the high 30s for it, toomuch for me.
    You're right, I'll take it to the body shop next week and just sell it outright.

12. rustrustler

rustrustler

a 69 z-28 is worth a helluva lot more than a non-numbers matching 62. If you must sell, sell it straight out and take the money and get exactly what you want. The other alternative is get a charitable donation by giving it to a new church I'm starting. We are an off-shoot of Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.

13. belair

belair

Rustrusler and Squablow got it right, I think. A REAL z/28 should have a lot more value and saleability than just another fake or unoriginal ss 409. What a tough spot to be in.