Register now to get rid of these ads!

need a source for lamp socket terminals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MIKE47, Nov 19, 2008.

1. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

I need to find the little brass crimp on "nubs" that go on the end of the wires in a 1157 type socket. You may call them the contacts? You know with the springs under them. I could also use the springs. I found pigtails for it but I just want the brass part itself so I can run the wires right out to the junction block like the factory did it. Any suppliers names would be much appreciated. Thanks,....Mike.

2. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

These guys have them, or you might try Rhode Island wiring harnesses.:D

http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/
    http://www.riwire.com/

3. go to Napa , ask them for their Lighting catalog...a couple bucks should fix you up

4. oj

oj

American autowire or if you need just a couple give me a shout and i'll send you some.

5. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Thanks guys, I was gonna call r.i.wire in the am to see if they could supply them. The other place looks pretty well equipped too. I was beginning to think I was gonna have to machine my own my brass rod! I search the net for an hour this afternoon. I found every terminal known to man except for these.

oj, I'll give you shout if I strike out. I really appreciate the offer.

6. Scott F.

Scott F.

Terminal Supply Company here in Grand Rapids MI is where I bought the similar ones for my dash lights. Not sure if there just a local outfit or not. Not sure if mine are the same size as the ones you're looking for, but if they are I will probably have a couple extra that I could send. Let me know.

Scott

7. GTS225

GTS225

Try McMaster-Carr, page 3226 of thier online catalog. Look at the brass tubular rivets. I've used them to refurbish some single-contact lamp sockets in older aftermarket tail lamps. Worked real well.....right diameter of the rivet for the circular insulating washer in the socket, flat head for the lamp contact, and solid brass. A bit of soldering paste and solder, and you have a good quality contact in your automotive lighting fixture.

Roger

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  8. rusty48

rusty48

Autozone has got kits to rebuild sockets.

9. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

I found pigtails with the wires already crimped. Autozone has them with uncrimped terminals? I'll have run over there tomorrow, even if I hate that place.

I just saw those tubular rivets in another catalog. I love mcmaster too. I didn't put it together that they would be available from them. It is true, if you need it, they have it.

Thanks again for all the info guys. You've all been real helpful.