Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a quick measurement, Model A / 350 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sutton, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

I am trying to locate where my motor mounts need to go (centerline) in relation to the centerline of the front crossmember. I will be running a short water pump.

I don't have all of the pulleys / radiator right now, but want to get into the general ballpark.

thanks in advance.

2. 14 1/4" from rear/center of crossmember vertical face to centerline of sidemounts. Thats a small block chev with short waterpump in a stock model A frame with radiator in original location and a 4" firewall recess.---running an electric fan I pulled out of a Fiero

3. jasonrmorrow

jasonrmorrow
    from Calgary

Is that 14 1/4" with a mechanical fan, i assume electric though. I'm about to do the same thing, mock up the block...cept i have a 3" stretched frame...and that measurement is centreline of the "pads" if they were bolted on correct.

Sorry if its a bit of a threadjack.

4. my `28 tudor is 14-1/4" from the centerline of the radiator mounts on the front crossmember to the center of the motor mounts. stock type frame and wheelbase with a 3" thick radiator. short water pump

be carefull when taking measurements...i measured from the radiator mount holes. the center of the spring bolt hole is different..about 1/2" back

with a mechanical fan i had about 1-1/4" clearance to the radiator...now i have an electric fan

5. That is with an electric fan .

6. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

thanks guys for all of the input, I am not welding the mounts in for good, just wanted the ballpark, which you all got me in.