Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a price 51 Ford Convertible top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mudslinger, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I found a 51 Ford convertible top assembly complete.
    On a one to ten scale ten being the best I would say its a nine.
    Whats it worth? He knows its rare but what should I offer the guy? He has a bunch of other stuff to.

2. 49coupe

49coupe

I've seen one for sale recently for $1700 complete, including the pump, cylinders, switches, etc., but you probably didnt' want to hear that. If it's complete, straight and none of the castings are broken or cracked I don't think $800-1000 is too run realistic. There are not too many guys scrapping convertibles these days.

3. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Thanks for the info.
    I dont think he will sell for $1000. He has had this since the 70's
    All his parts have been tucked away a long time. Hes not like dealing with a flea market but he has things you cant find.

4. Saw a decent complete set of bows go on eBay for $850 when I was researching parts from the car I have. Of course, I've seen whole rough convertibles not bring much more than that. No one scraps them but everyone who needs one little piece will beg you to.