Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need 80's MOPAR radio pinout

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 286merc, Jun 29, 2006.

1. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Its the generic digital one used all across the board mid-late 80's at least. Looking from the front I need the pinouts of the rear left connector (gray). This has the DC, clock, stay on, audio. Id prefer not frying it to find out what is what!

2. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

All I have here in the house is a 95 Intrepid factory service manual. according to it, ther seven wires in the gray radio connector are:
    1) Battery (memory)
    2)Accessory (switched)
    3) Dimmer (pannel, lamps, variable)
    4) Marker (head/park lights)
    5) Right front speaker return (-)
    6) left front speaker return (-)
    7) Radio mute
    The wires were reversed for an Infinity radio. Same pinning, oppisite direction.

I also have a factory service manual for an 87 Dakota, but its in the shop, I can get it tomorrow if you would like.
    Gene

3. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

4. octane

octane
    from Virginia

I have a '87 Ramcharger parts truck. If you think that year has what you want, I'll take a look and see what's left. Some genius did a bunch of creative wiring behind the dash at some point and I'm not sure offhand exactly what was hacked, but if i have what you need you can have it for the cost of postage. I can probably take a pic over the weekend for ya.

5. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

That sounds like it. Its out of an 88 Omni that I had in a 85 van. Wanted to install in a 83 van that the PO made a mess of the wiring, plug missing, different color wires, etc. I'll wack out the plug harness from the 85 and give it a try.
    Thanks also for the other replies.

6. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I checked my 87 Dakota FSM this afternoon, it shows the same wiring, except the "mute" does not show on the 87 book, there are only 6 wires showing in it. I could give you a wire color brake down, but that might be vehical specific.
    Gene