Register now to get rid of these ads!

need 56 plymouth lug bolt to lug nut conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saoutlaws_Gotti, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

ok guys im working on a buddies 56 plymouth and in the near future he is wanting to put a nice set of blingish wheels on it

problem is we cant find any chrome lug bolts like the plymouth uses

so he wants to change it over to a lug nut style hub

any recommendations on how to do this

i was thinking of drilling out the threaded holes in the hub and press in a set of studs

will this work and is it safe, dont see why it wont, but maybe you mopar guys know of a better/safer way ?

2. YES ,JUST GET THE NEW LUGS LONG ENOUGH TO PROTRUDE THE SAME LENGTH AS A NEWER mOPAR WOULD.
    tHAT WAY THE THREADS ARE LONGE ENOUGH TO HOLD AFTER GOING THRU THE HUBS AND AXLES THICKER AREA THAT WAS THE THREADED PORTION BEFORE....
    THE HOL;E SHOULD BE A BIT SMALLER SO SPLINED PART OF LUGS HOLD SECURELY...GOOD LUCK- THEY ARE A PAIN IN THE ASS STOCK....[sorry caps!]:cool:

3. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

yeah my thought exactely

thanks

4. squirrel

squirrel

change out the left front studs too, they're left hand thread.

5. 2manydoors

2manydoors
    from indiana

Has anyone done this and knows what size and where to get the studs?I am wanting to do this to my 53 cambridge.

6. krackhead

krackhead

done it on my 56 belvedere use 1/2 mopar r/h thread
    in the rear drill the drums then press in the new studs.
    work like a charm

7. Squablow

Squablow

55-56 Dodge use an identical drum but with regular studs on them, you could get some Dodge drums and just swap them onto your Plymouth. My '55 Dodge has a Plymouth rearend in it so every wheel has a different style of lug.