Register now to get rid of these ads!

Near miss tree

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VirgilHilts, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Heavy rain and wind here tonight.

Close call!:eek:

Better call the pros in as I have a few more trees ( well, weedy poplars to be more precise) that look like they are destined for a similar fate.

Needless to say the car will be moving!

Attached Files:

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

dang, pretty close indeed.

cool mercury-i like those bodystyles a lot.

3. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

Damn thats close!! I Have a buddy who was drivin his 66 mustang home last year in a bad storm and he was doing about 40 and a tree fell in front of him and i think you can figure out what happened after that.

4. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Hurricane season is here, and my poor old car has to sit outside. Did I mention that I'm in the hurricane belt?

5. Here in southwest Missouri, right now (at 10:03 pm Wed), severe thunder
    storm watches and warnings as well as tornado watches and warnings.

You're lucky nothing hit your car..........

You may have seen what happened to one of mine about a year ago
    due to big winds and saturated ground.......

Now have another roof and doors to install.

[​IMG]

6. Ouch! man that sucks! Ironically it wasn't that windy here. I think it was a combination of a good soaking and a weak crotch on the tree. I have an acre of woods 300 feet from my house and poplars and cottonwoods just fall like dominos pretty regularly. I have pushed some of them over with my 8N on occasion. Dirty nasty trees but they are good windbreaks.

7. skoh73

skoh73

I was up at my aunt and uncle's in central WI last week and he had poplars snapping all over the place. A bunch just missed his outbuilding. He said they have about an 18 year life span and snap about halfway up in heavy wind. It doesn't help that he has a mess of Pileated Woodpeckers that are boring holes through 'em.

8. You described exactly what happened to that one. Had a Pileated take out a Mountain Ash at the back of my property, shame it was nice tree but obviously buggy!

I cut the tree apart tonight. Can't find a scratch on the Merc, phew!