Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nash Dizzy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speakfordadead, May 8, 2011.

1. speakfordadead

speakfordadead

Ran accross a Nash cap and Rotor with dual point ignition that has a "Fisher Ignition" stamp on the outer ring. I'll post pics later. It's a two coil cap with 12 plugs. Six are blocked off so I believe it is set up for a six cyl engine. This Dizzy is way cool. I'd like to put it on the 302 I6 that I am building. The set up looks like it will fit any dizzy that has the same diameter. It's sitting on top of a Delco distributor now.
    The question I have for you ignition pro's, will this set up work on my stock distrbutor and can I convert it to HEI via pertronix? How cool would it be? What a conversation peice!!!!

Humble Newby

2. tig master

tig master
    from up north

3. speakfordadead

speakfordadead

4. pcterm2

pcterm2

5. I imagine we can convert it to use one of our Ignitor's, but we would have to have you send the unit, mounted on the distributor you wanted to use in order to make the mounting plate and get the phasing correct on it.
    Don from PerTronix - PM me if you want to discuss.

6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I have done a couple of these and use every other cylinder in the firing order . You are correct that they used dual points one set for each gang of six.........

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Check out the point cam; it's possible that they removed every other lobe and each set of points fires three cylinders. I once had a Spalding conversion that was similar to your Fisher, and that's what they did.

8. speakfordadead

speakfordadead

Thanks guys, Stock Dizzy went to Pertronix, it's done and on it's way home tomorrow. Will keep you posted when I get to the bonneville car project and drop that Nash dizzy in!