Register now to get rid of these ads!

Names for your car........Let's hear em.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950-mercury, May 17, 2011.

1. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

2. Yea you could say its earned its stripes.

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Our 1930 Coupe's name is "Abilene"

4. falconfutura1964

falconfutura1964

here's a shot of my Dad's 32 5 window he raced 1956-1962 called "THE SCAG"

Attached Files:

5. The Ugly Ducklin' :eek:

Its homage to a Swedish '63 'vette that raced in the 70's.It had 90'10's shocks and when it ran,the wheels used to toe-in.Looked weird but the name never suited a car better.........."frighten' chicken'" love it :p
    [​IMG]

6. Jims Classics

Jims Classics

My car now is 'Babe' a 62 Falcon, but when I was in Jr High I drew a picture of a 60 Falcon kinda like Ed Roth and called it "Squeeky" Fords are bad about the upper a-arms squeeking in the 60's. Hada' keep'um greased.

7. My '53 Plymouth wagon is named "The Pig". The name was given to her by her previous owner and it just seemed to fit. When I first bought her she was faded and oxidized so she appeared more pink than beige and only the roof was brown. She also was fat and ugly so the name was perfect. It just stuck.

Attached Files:

8. I have some on the studebaker forum .I ahven't figered out how to put them an the hamb studebaker groupe (YET) I'm trying Rocky:eek:

9. I sometimes name my cars...

I sometimes call her Mercula but I sometimes think about a name like Miss Darline...

[​IMG]

10. marv norton

marv norton

In 1962 I bought a 1953 Oldsmoble Super 88 2 door sedan. Names on cars by then were "the in thing" Well I wanted a Disney charactor The Tasmanina Devil. THe airman in outfit at Omaha was doing the painting of names on cars. He told me 50 cents a letter for both sides??? I told him joking that I only had $2.00 on me, which back then would buy about 8 gallons on ethel gasoline. He said "give him the $2.00 and he would put a name on my car. Well severals hours later, went to see the finished product. You will never believe what he did for $2.00

He painted the word "IF" on both sides. THat named stuck with that car for several years at Omaha. I wonder "if" is still out there somewhere

Marv Norton

11. mopar210

mopar210

money pit !!!

Attached Files:

12. We went with this

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  13. wearymicrobe

wearymicrobe
    from San Diego

"Cruella" Because well everyone thinks its a Deville, and its the cruelest car I have ever owned. Everything that could go wrong has, after I ripped out the drive train and went through everything it has settled down lately.

untitled.JPG

14. alaskaal

alaskaal
    from Delaware

"Oliver". Wife loves "Top Gear" and fell in love with the little opel cadet called "Oliver" on the show.
    Brought home my 63 fairlane and she instantly said......thats Oliver!

15. Mines "The flameing skull-mobile of death" OR "Hotrod to Hell" after the "b" movie of the same name.

16. It's Ole Saphire !!!! It was a name that she had ..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013

17. That face looks like Jay Leno ! LOL

18. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

<---------- Violet

19. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

My kids named my T modified Brownie

Attached Files:

20. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

My wife calls my 39' Ford.... Mr. Couperman
    Other names?
    I call all my ex- girlfriends...shithead
    I call any women that are kissing... The Frenchy sisters
    ....... And people call me twisted

21. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Back in 2000, I blew the engine on my Harley, while heading back from the Sturgis m/c Rally and I was stuck in Ohio and had to get home in two days. Instead of going to a "Rental company" I checked out the classifieds and saw an older Ford pickup for sale located at an old farm. It ran good so I bought it and loaded up the bike. When I got back to R.I., my friends came by to help me unload it. Later, I popped the hood and surprised everyone because it had a 401 Nailhead in it. That's when one of the guys said that they liked my "Bufford pickup".

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  22. knucklenutz

knucklenutz

Meet Canned Heat.........
    [​IMG]

23. derbydad276

derbydad276

mine came with a name on it that stuck

(midnight)

Attached Files:

24. 91bluecamaro

91bluecamaro

I named my 56 Buick Degüello. I am a huge ZZtop fan(this is the name of one of thier old albums. And I thought the defenition was cool.

El Degüello is a bugle call, notable in the US for its use as a march by Mexican Army buglers during the 1836 Siege and Battle of the Alamo.<SUP> </SUP>"Toque a Degüello" was introduced to the Americas by the Spanish armies and was later adopted by the patriot armies fighting against them during the Spanish American wars of independence. It was widely used by Simon Bolivar's armies, notably during the Battle of Junin and the Batle of Ayacucho.
    "Degüello" is the first-person singular present tense of "degollar", a verb that means "to cut the throat." More figuratively, it means "give no quarter." It "signifies the act of beheading or throat-cutting and in Spanish history became associated with the battle music, which, in different versions, meant complete destruction of the enemy without mercy." It is similar to the war cry "¡A degüello!"used by Cuban rebels in the 19th century to launch mounted charges against the Spanish infantry.

25. bob35

bob35
    from DFW, TX

So far, the only names I've used for my '35 Ford are "giant turd" and "piece a crap". I'm hoping that will change with time... but for now they kinda fit well.

26. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

27. Rowdy_one

Rowdy_one
    from Oh

28. cruzr

cruzr

my coupe doesnt have a name......if it did ....it would be.........Money Pit !!

29. cadman89

cadman89

[​IMG]
    FRANCES ... 1956 GMC

[​IMG]
    CALLIE ... 1922 Dodge

I also have Sophie ..1989 Allante , Bruno ..1988 Sedan DeVille and Inga .. 2007 Volvo C70

30. tankwilson

tankwilson