Register now to get rid of these ads!

Name of a Ford? suspension design...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearstix, May 6, 2009.

  1. Gearstix
    Joined: Dec 21, 2008
    Posts: 194


    Hi everyone.
    I can't remember what its called. Its an early ford design I think, so maybe 30s-40s?
    It has two links that connect to the axle and it has a single pivot point in the middle thats like a 'ball joint'. Its similar to a 2 link I guess but it both bars share the same pivot point. What is it called? I'm trying to find pictures. I thought it was banjo rear end, but I realized that was something else.
    Thanks all.
  2. striper
    Joined: Mar 22, 2005
    Posts: 4,498


    Every old Ford to 1948. "Wishbone"
  3. kustomkat
    Joined: Sep 4, 2006
    Posts: 554


    I keep thinking this is a trick question....
  4. I think he means the British design split axle that Sydney Allard used . An I beam Ford axle cut in two and then joined up again on a centre pivot point.

  5. The banjo is the differential, calld such as when the axle tubes are taken off the center section is the shape od said instrument (of mass annoyance!)
    If its the same as the onein the pic below Striper is spot on.


Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.