Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My "You didn't build that" 27 T Roadster build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Yeah,no kidding!
    I've planned that trip for a while.I turn 40 at january and its my birthday present to myself.I have always wanted to go GNRS,so...
    I am going to stay 2 weeks there,so i guess i'll see something else too.I look forward to meeting you too,Eric!
    BTW.That truck of yours looks like familiar,i have '02 Sierra as my dailydriver at the moment.

daddio211 likes this.
  2. Any news, hows your truck after the Bambi encounter and hows things at Bobs? JW

daddio211 likes this.
  3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Yep.Deer vs vehicles is a problem.Last that I heard a couple of years ago,those encounters were costing insurance companies 1 billion dollars per year.Drive safe folks.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

daddio211 likes this.
  4. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Oh Dear. Sorry to hear about your truck Eric. But it can be fixed. That poor deer only has a future in a freezer. Hope the roadster is moving along. Have a Merry Christmas and an even greater New Year. Stay well, Mark.

daddio211 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  5. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Hope everything is well in New Zealand also 26 T. Stay well also and hope you have a Merry Christmas. Mark.

daddio211 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  6. Thanks Mark, all is good in NZ and all the best to you to and all involved in this ''cool'' thread. Eric all the best you and family Buddy.
    Cheers, Jeremy

7. Ok, its the 5th over here and why not wish all you guys all the best for 2017 and may it be the year that things happen.
    Eric, I was at a loose end last night and reread the last half of this thread...very interesting to look back and I made a comment on page 27,post 807 back in 2014, I think it will give you a laugh. Hope all is good in 2017.
    Cheers, Jeremy.:D:D

daddio211 likes this.
  8. daddio211

daddio211

Hey guys! Sorry, I've made ZERO progress on the roadster. Work really took a downturn several months ago and I've been hustling trying to get things turned around. That took more energy than I physically had, but I've turned the corner and things are improving.

As a result, roadster funds and time allotment became about the lowest priority to me. I've literally done nothing with the car in months.

Remaining items are to finish the wiring, buy a steering wheel (wife wants a CON2R that I'll have custom made) and finish the column, have a driveshaft built, and have the interior done. Obviously the car will not debut at GNRS which I'm a little sad about but it's not a huge deal.

However, I will probably be there with the black and flamed roadster. I'll just need a safe place to park my truck and trailer for the weekend.

Anyway, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones. We had nine of our eleven kids here and had a beautiful time.

A few more weeks and I should be able to start reporting good roadster stuff again. Debut at Scottsdale Goodguys... maybe.

9. daddio211

daddio211

Ha ha ha ha! I wish! However the friends I've made as a result of this thread will make it my favorite ever!

10. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Glad to see you back Eric. Hope to see you at the Roadster show. I will be there Friday night. Not sure if that fits your plans. Mark.
    P.S. Happy new Year to you and all the Hambers.

daddio211 likes this.
  11. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

No GNRS?
    Damn....Well,happy new year to you and to your family!

daddio211 likes this.
  12. Good to hear positive news and things will always get done in the end, just look at all my deadlines !! My next trip over your way is looking like 2019 and starting with LARS. My T still sits in pieces so I know the no progress thing. JW

daddio211 likes this.
  13. daddio211

daddio211

Mark and Antii, hope to see you guys down there. Don't miss the SoCal open house they're having in honor of Pete's passing!

I'll be putting around in this unless someone buys it first. Flag me down and say hi!

[​IMG]

Blues4U, Finnrodder, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  14. daddio211

daddio211

Jeremy, you and your lovely bride are always welcome here!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  15. Thanks Eric, we will come with Steak.............mmmmm Steak!! :cool::cool::DJW

daddio211 and loudbang like this.
  16. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thanks for the hint,Eric!
    I didnt know that the Socal speedshop have open house.Which day is it?
    I am going to be there!

17. daddio211

daddio211

Jeremy, those steaks were AMAZING!

Antii, there are a lot of people asking "what day?" but there doesn't seem to be a response. I'm suspecting Saturday.
    [​IMG]

18. daddio211

daddio211

Okay, Ed Tillrock just told me that he'll be at So Cal on the 27th, 28th and 29th, but he's not sure what time.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Just wanted to say that I sold all my wheels and tires Eric, and the 16's and the Excelsiors are on the way ordered up from Summit.
    Still waiting to see your T update when you manage to sort everything out and get at it.
    Larry

daddio211 and Tman like this.
  20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hey Eric, I also wanted to ask you what sort of prep Bob did on the WV gennie wheels before he painted them.
    Did he feel that the WV applied primer was good enough to paint over or did he blast them and then primer-paint ?
    Larry

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    daddio211 likes this.
  21. daddio211

daddio211

I'm way late to answer this, sorry Larry. I'm going to your thread next and I'm sure you've already painted your wheels, but the primer on mine was complete shit. It was bubbled nearly everywhere. Pressing on it hard with your finger broke large chunks away.

I ended up hand sanding them back to bare steel, we wiped them with lacquer thinner, then Bob sprayed high build primer, I sanded, Bob put more primer on, I sanded, Bob painted and cleared them

Sorry everyone, I'm ashamed to say I lost motivation to get anything done once I knew I couldn't make GNRS. I haven't touched the car in months.

I'll get back on it soon, I promise.

loudbang, 26 T Ford RPU and Blue One like this.
  22. Hey there Eric good to have you back. I know how you feel with loosing motivation. Wen I chopped my hand and then got the Mustang on the road the T sits in bits and now I will miss a large show in it run by Graham's (kiwirodder) club and the theme is Celebrating the Model T !! I wont make that in May. When the time is right you will get up to Bob's, just don't wait till the next upcoming event to do it. Are you planning on taking it to LARS in 2019? That's where I will be starting my next US trip. Cheers Bud. JW:cool::D:D

23. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Just checking in Eric. Hope all is well with you and the family. Mark.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  24. Goes for me too. JW

ZZLEGEND likes this.
  25. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

And for me. Even though I don`t get on here much either....

ZZLEGEND and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hey Eric. What's new? I'm wondering if you can tell me the weight of the dyna beads you used in your excelsiors.
    Larry.

27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I went ahead and called Wheel Vintiques because the primer on my wheels looked really nice.
    Turns out they have upped their game on the Gennie 14 series and they are now powder coated in primer.

So I dropped them off at the powder coater for a coating of Wimbledon white.
    They came out really nice.

So as posted above I am wondering on the weight of the dyna beads you used in each tire.
    Larry.

IMG_0819.JPG

26 T Ford RPU and loudbang like this.
  28. Larry I had the beads in my 39 PU and had some front end problems I could not figure out . Pulled out the beads and had them spun balanced ,,,,, fixed the problem . Also pulled the tires on our motor home and scraped out all the beads and rebalanced and it rides much better . Hope you have better luck than I did .
    Wheels look great . Eric must be really busy or burnt . Miss you . Blue

loudbang and Blue One like this.
  29. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thanks, I have had good luck with them in motorcycle tires and I know other guys that swear by them.
    I didn't want to put wheel weights on my newly coated wheels so I'll try the beads first.
    Worst case I remove them and balance with stick on weights on the inside...if possible :)

loudbang likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.